Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

There was several occasions tonight where he was in a lot of space and the pass to him was refused. Beyond that I don't remember him contributing anything except nearly breaking that lad's leg and looking exhausted after 20 minutes

Anyone who is saying he's not good enough can f*** off. He's an excellent little player and he should be in the team ahead of Tiote at the moment.

Agree otherwise, but he shouldn't start ahead of Tiote at the moment.

He's pish to be quite honest. Rarely involves himself in any passages of play, can't see him being at St James' in 2 years time.

Because he'll have chosen to leave. He has practically wasted a year of his career being here so far through no fault of his own, other than lack of research before he signed.

Think he struggled for similar reasons Cabaye struggled, the midfield 3 was a bit weird no one seemed to know what exactly to do only when Jonas came on it seemed to have a bit of balance.

He's obviously a good player who obviously hasn't been used properly during his time here that's about all there is to it tbh.

Anyone who is saying he's not good enough can f*** off. He's an excellent little player and he should be in the team ahead of Tiote at the moment.

Agree otherwise, but he shouldn't start ahead of Tiote at the moment.

He should

I thought one of our best players today. I'm surprised sometimes if people watch the same games I do... however, in some cases, it might just be the difference between what people expect from a certain players, which in turn leads to how they view football itself. Not judging or anything :)

I thought one of our best players today. I'm surprised sometimes if people watch the same games I do... however, in some cases, it might just be the difference between what people expect from a certain players, which in turn leads to how they view football itself. Not judging or anything :)

Can't remember him doing almost anything good today. Invisible in the first half, could've seen a red card and got subbed. :lol:

He was rusty today as was expected and I fully believe he'll come good (again).

can't see him being at St James' in 2 years time.

Generous assessment, with a WC looming just around the corner. He's not going to put himself in the Dutch selection frame (by establishing a run-of-form - getting rid of the ringrust first) when used as a bit-part player. Wasted year careerwise, as Jack F says, for a very promising little footballer, at the back-end of a WC preparation. Probably would have been starting at Ajax, and pushing ahead for a spot in the Dutch squad, that's what he'll be reflecting on.

He was rusty today as was expected and I fully believe he'll come good (again).

Re: the second half of that sentence.

Do you really? He was in a groove earlier in the season, and put his hand-up despite shocking team-form, with more established players (and the manager too) crumbling around him. Difficult to see him coming good (again) while continued to be played in fits&bursts.

In training not alot of priority & time are afforded to working on our attack (which i assume would be our transition play through the middle 1/3, which is Anita's bread & butter/greatest strength). as a bit-part player warming the bench mostly, he like a player riddled with ringrust. Not the greatest recipe for success, given his Ajax football schooling in pass&move football, especially for a guy who was getting plenty of minutes in that p&m system as Ajax were priming & grooming him as part of a new-gen midfield.

Guest palnese

Poor game last night, but I like him a lot. Nasty tackle as well.

I'd start him over Tiote at home against the weaker sides.