Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Don't want a player who dosen't be here TBF.

The kind of attitude that you are referring to (I think) doesn't exist anymore. I don't think any of the players particularly want to be here, if they could play for a better club with realistic expectations of winning something and earn more money at the same time they would all be gone. Even players who are actually originally supporters of their clubs, jump ship when the opportunity arises, Rooney, Carroll (yes I know he was pushed out the window) being classic examples. Most decent players will be transferred within a season or two to the first top club that winks at them, see Cabaye, Debuchy and going back in time Gascoigne and Waddle. There is no point in getting attached to any of our current players whether they be any good or not, they are all in transit through the great St. James Park lounge on their way if they get the opportunity to something they consider to be better.

As I've said before I hope we get him. However, I'm slightly concern that we might be considered his last resort. Seeing he is 27 (soon 28?) and just had his move to Champions league playing Liverpool put off, he might be giving up on his dream of playing at a club that's going to feature in the CL. That's why I question if he will give 100% at Newcastle .. or just lean back and collect his salary becoming an expensive Bogarde?

He told BBC Newcastle:

“There’s a lot of baggage in the way, but of course we are interested.

“He was a great player for us. I think (Newcastle) is a great place for him.”

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28609224

"We've not really had much contact with Loic and I don't see that evolving if I'm honest," added Pardew.

"Whatever happened at Liverpool is irrelevant really, because he's had plenty of chances to come to us.

"We've made it clear we'd want to have him but it hasn't really happened and therefore you sometimes have to say where is the line drawn.

"Maybe that one has gone away."

:lol:

Sounds like they just got fed up of chasing him  If we've been trying to get him to talk to us for a while and he's constantly made it clear we're last choice and basically done everything he can to join any other club but us then I could see why we'd fuck it off.

We're the ugly bloke waiting in the corner of the club while the lass we're interested in grinds her way around every twat in the place in a desperate attempt to avoid the shame of going home with us. 

Sounds like they just got fed up of chasing him  If we've been trying to get him to talk to us for a while and he's constantly made it clear we're last choice and basically done everything he can to join any other club but us then I could see why we'd f*** it off.

We're the ugly bloke waiting in the corner of the club while the lass we're interested in grinds her way around every t*** in the place in a desperate attempt to avoid the shame of going home with us. 

I've been waiting for the last few pages for someone to put in writing the situation as succinctly as I have it in my head... Thank you... :lol: