Official: Yoan Gouffran signs new contract with Goztepe

Tooj

First things first, he is being played out of position every single game and we are never ever going to see the best of him out wide, or indeed under Pardew.

If Pardew insists on him being out wide then he should not be anywhere near the starting 11, he offers nothing and has offered nothing since December.

The fact that Aarons wasn't even on the bench today proves how terrible Pardew is.

No matter who we buy we will always be held back under Pardew, to some extent.

First things first, he is being played out of position every single game and we are never ever going to see the best of him out wide, or indeed under Pardew.

If Pardew insists on him being out wide then he should not be anywhere near the starting 11, he offers nothing and has offered nothing since December.

The fact that Aarons wasn't even on the bench today proves how terrible Pardew is.

Yep. Why is HBA getting excused for Pardew playing him "out of position" and not him? He's a forward. Play him upfront and he'll cause more problems for defenders with his running and will get you the odd goal here and there.

Yep. Why is HBA getting excused for Pardew playing him "out of position" and not him? He's a forward. Play him upfront and he'll cause more problems for defenders with his running and will get you the odd goal here and there.

To be fair, people have been saying for months they're sick of him being played on the wing.

To be fair, people have been saying for months they're sick of him being played on the wing.

But were not criticising his performances for it.

He's in the side to hold his position, take up space, run about a bit and help his full back. From this perspective he's an 8/10 every week, so it's no wonder he's a permanent fixture. No point giving him grief, he's just Jonas in a younger body thanks to Pardew.

Gouffran is the new Jonas - play him anywhere there's a gap as he works hard. Sad thing he's actually a decent footballer but we're not playing anywhere near his strengths so the fans will start to turn on him through no fault of his own.

I still like the guy but think he's never been that good at assisting, so once the goals dried up it's natural to start questioning his place.

I want to see two genuine wingers on the pitch at the same time.

I appreciate his hard work and I understand how difficult it must be for him, as a former striker, to fundamentally change his game from scoring/creating to defending his FB but this is getting ridiculous. He's simply no threat any longer, this may be him playing poorly or the role he's been given but he looks a waste of a shirt and has done for quite some time now. 

I don't want to hate him but I do hate what's happened to him.

We should be picking our wingers based on who is going to create and chip in with goals and assists.  Instead we're selecting them on work rate and ability to protect the full back in our bastardised 4-5-1.  Gouff's looked ok when he's been played up front but the guy just isn't a wide midfielder and never will be.

I appreciate his hard work and I understand how difficult it must be for him, as a former striker, to fundamentally change his game from scoring/creating to defending his FB but this is getting ridiculous. He's simply no threat any longer, this may be him playing poorly or the role he's been given but he looks a waste of a shirt and has done for quite some time now. 

I don't want to hate him but I do hate what's happened to him.

The bizarre thing is that whatever has happened to him, it must be what Pardew wanted. The man takes off Anita and then Perez before Gouffran even though it was clear he was largely anonymous and useless. What he contributes must have been to Pardew's liking as he didn't think to take him off. It's an utter joke.

It's a shame as a like Gouffran, it's clear he has goal threat. He's badly coached and utilised.

Guest mavericknufc

http://cdn.idolator.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/02/iggy-azalea-600x450.jpg

Where was he actually playing yesterday? It was unbelievable how deep he was at times, I mean dont get me wrong he wasnt the only one, but a lot of the times when we went forward I looked at him and he looked like he was playing in central midfield.

He chased back well a couple of times down the wing but overall he was very poor and just seemed to be wandering around all over the place without really doing anything.

Guest firetotheworks

I think we all saw this coming from the start, didn't we?

Pretty good

Good

Good back-up

Works hard

Does a job

Should be up front

Shouldn't be starting

Good defending! Well played

Offers nothing going forward

Can't be mad at him, it's Pardew's fault

Starting to annoy me

Fair enough, well defended.

He does work hard like.

There's no one in the box

He looks knackered

Play him up front

Seriously shouldn't be starting

It's not his fault but he's massively getting on my tits < I'm about here.

He's not even really getting back anymore

What's the point?

I hate him

Drop him

Sell him

Fuck off

I think we all saw this coming from the start, didn't we?

Pretty good

Good

Good back-up

Works hard

Does a job

Should be up front

Shouldn't be starting

Good defending! Well played

Offers nothing going forward

Can't be mad at him, it's Pardew's fault

Starting to annoy me

Fair enough, well defended.

He does work hard like.

There's no one in the box

He looks knackered

Play him up front

Seriously shouldn't be starting

It's not his fault but he's massively getting on my tits < I'm about here.

He's not even really getting back anymore

What's the point?

I hate him

Drop him

Sell him

f*** off

:lol: