Newcastle United 0 - 3 sunderland - Post-match reaction from p58

Nobody

f***ing s***. Why the f*** were we that flat and uninterested in the f***ing derby? Some of our individual performances were almost unforgivable.

Still, we had more than enough chances to win the game. Our finishing was just an absolute joke.

Cos he tried to be cheeky, he was going to hold them at bay and nick one like the fulham game...but the fucker is thick as mince.  You dont step back in a derby, you have to try and dominate and put the other team out of shape.  It gave them confidence and allowed them to stick to their plan.

f***ing s***. Why the f*** were we that flat and uninterested in the f***ing derby? Some of our individual performances were almost unforgivable.

Still, we had more than enough chances to win the game. Our finishing was just an absolute joke.

4 days training on defence, 1 on attack.  I wonder why our finishing is a joke?

This just baffles me. I believe they know very well what the match means, and especially after the support on thursday. The win was there for the taking if they wanted it.

Guest palnese

This loss hurts in similar fashion to the match against Villa where we got relegated a few years back.

This is way worse than Villa.

This loss hurts in similar fashion to the match against Villa where we got relegated a few years back.

Can't say I'm even remotely hurt compared to relegation, the 2-1 defeats or the one a few years ago at the SoS. Losing at their place 3-0 would be f***ing horrible, here you can escape it, it was a bit surreal.

Guest palnese

Disagree

I was resigned to relegation after the Fulham match. Villa only confirmed it. Today I never expected in my wildest dreams.

Fucking shit. Why the fuck were we that flat and uninterested in the fucking derby? Some of our individual performances were almost unforgivable.

I thought we were up for it, just weren't as focused or well prepared as Sunderland, either mentally or positionally. Sunderland played as a team, we played as individuals.

Awful result, we've played worse this season and won mind.

We started brightly enough and looked as if we'd get in behind early on. They grew in confidence as the half went on making up for a lack of quality with desire and application culminating in them scoring and finishing the half on top albeit a bit of a flurry shortly after the goal. Second half we tried to raise the tempo but we lacked the cutting edge before wrongly being denied by the linesmans flag. We tired as the half went on and eventually got picked off.

All three goals while good finishes were awful defending, we backed off inviting the shot everytime. Jonas and Taylor were woeful, Yanga-Mbiwa not much better. I'm unsure what those who thought they were the better side were watching. We forced Mignolet into some cracking stops and wrongly had a goal chalked off. It was a fairly even affair. Fair play to them for the desire they showed.

I can't even get that annoyed as we were barely in the game after the first 15 minutes. It's not like we ever really looked like winning after they scored. Once again we picked up our usual serious injury per game and we've lost Krul for the run in.

Hopefully this disgraceful performance is the kick up the arse the team and management need to pull their fingers out and make sure they secure our Premiership future. We can start by not losing every away game! There's no more European football so tiredness and no time to prepare can't be used as excuses any more.

Do we practise shooting in training? Genuine question.

Our shooting from distance and finishing from close range is consistently diabolical.

It's something that I've noticed too. Never really bothered to bring it up because I was sure some clever, little dick would point to the long-range efforts of Cisse, Cabaye, HBA, etc.

Despite those great goals from those players, I would say most of our shot attempts are quite poor. Very, very poor, actually. Almost girlish.

Vermin, The Dog, Eclipse and Dog n Parrot were all closed, say loads of young vermin heading towards the Boulevard when we came down. None of them had been to the match. Should have let them through the police and see how had they were then.

More embarrassing than anything that happened on the pitch today. Ashamed.

Lost for words how people can fling glass bottles into a crowd like that. Scum.

Exactly, amazing that picking up a glass bottle and chucking it in the general direction of other people can even go through your head as a viable idea.