Alan Pardew

Mike

At least it keeps Carlton Cole out of his thinking.  He's only 6 feet 3 13⁄64 inches tall.

would still be worried, he said something about growing his hair over the summer, even into an afro maybe

Guest bimpy474

In half a Premiership season under Hughton we scored 6 corners and 3 additional indirect set pieces. Our total for that season was 11 corners and 4 additional set pieces. Seems crazy now. We've scored one since.

And that is down to coaching imo, players obviously matter but a good coach can get goals from average players at set pieces with clever thinking. Fat Sam for all his faults is good at it. Pardew is embarrassing at it tbh.

Half of the corners under Pardew were scored by Steven Taylor...

2 ? :lol:

Though I can't remember the one against West Brom so I just went by .com's match report which said Olsson didn't clear the corner so I counted it.

3 ;) , and in Pardew's two full seasons since, we have scored 1 goal from corners. :(

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/402394/Alan-Pardew-Newcastle-are-best-team-outside-Premier-League-s-top-six

Alan Pardew: Newcastle are best team outside Premier League's top six

ALAN PARDEW has claimed that his Newcastle side were the best team outside the Premier League’s top six in their final 15 games of the season.

The Magpies won six matches from the end of January.

But they were also at the wrong end of home defeats by Liverpool and Sunderland – plus a 4-0 humbling at Manchester City – and failed to find the net in their last three outings at St James’ Park, all of which ended in defeat.

They finished fifth from bottom but Pardew said: “In our last 15 games, apart from the top six, we were the next best team.”

Love stats!  Salesman talk! Go on Pards!