Sir Alex Ferguson

Smal
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thing is, this Man Utd squad isn't as good as Fergie has made it appear. They've been hitting record points totals. I think its a very difficult position to step into for that reason, a drop in results wouldn't be surprising imo but it'll be seen that way by many.

Oh yeah, anyone who believes he's handing over a brilliant squad is a bit thick.

Saying that, he is handing over quite a lot of good young players who might step up. As long as they back him in the transfer market they should challenge again no problem.

The squad seems somewhere in the middle to me like you say. I've not seen that many people claiming it to be amazing. They will need a few quality signings for sure to keep competing but everyone knew that anyway. The fans I'm sure will get on his back if he has a poor start but I see no reason why the board won't give him the time that he needs to have them competing for titles. Whether he has what it takes remains to be seen, will be interesting anyway.

Just saw Laudrup and Martinez are in line for the vacated Everton post. Will be so fucking gutted if Laudrup or Martinez are snapped up while we've been twiddling our thumbs for about 2 years too long as to whether Pardew should be here.

Where's the Laudrup in line thing coming from? Heard some Everton fans mention it but not any media links.

Just saw Laudrup and Martinez are in line for the vacated Everton post. Will be so f***ing gutted if Laudrup or Martinez are snapped up while we've been twiddling our thumbs for about 2 years too long as to whether Pardew should be here.

Where's the Laudrup in line thing coming from? Heard some Everton fans mention it but not any media links.

Think because he was 16s with the bookies.

Wullie - who do you think would be a better long-term replacement for them?

I honestly couldn't give you a name, it's as close to being an impossible job as you can get. Only Mourinho could step in and carry the results on, but I understand why they haven't done that.

They're 8/1 not to finish in the top four next season and that tempts me.

I honestly couldn't give you a name, it's as close to being an impossible job as you can get. Only Mourinho could step in and carry the results on, but I understand why they haven't done that.

Careful, with that squad only a selling of Rooney and a injury to RvP will get them outside of the top 4, and even then I expect them to be challenging for the title. The players they have are only getting better which is scary.

Welbeck, Nani, Valencia, Kagawa, Young can all play as offensive midfielders/wingers. It's quite a good depth considering they have RvP/Chicharito/Welbeck who can play up top.

Fair enough. I only ask because I think Moyes is probably the best manager around for a long-term tenure out of those available. On that basis, I wouldn't criticise the decision to appoint him. Insanely big shoes though, as has been said. Could see 'Arry at Old Trafford in a few years tbh. Mainly because he's an appropriately big arsehole.

Reckon they'll snatch third. Hope/expect Bale to leave Spurs and they'll be a diminished force, scrapping closer to Liverpool. Chelsea/Man City will push on too IMO.

Careful, with that squad only a selling of Rooney and a injury to RvP will get them outside of the top 4, and even then I expect them to be challenging for the title. The players they have are only getting better which is scary.

Welbeck, Nani, Valencia, Kagawa, Young can all play as offensive midfielders/wingers. It's quite a good depth considering they have RvP/Chicharito/Welbeck who can play up top.

They'll be absolutely nowhere near the title imo, miles off. If Mourinho does go to Chelsea, it'll be like taking candy off a baby for him.

They'll be absolutely nowhere near the title imo, miles off. If Mourinho does go to Chelsea, it'll be like taking candy off a baby for him.

Might be the case, but I'd like to see you put the money where mouth is. I for sure can't say I wouldn't have them as favourites if we went into the next season with only Moyes for SAF and Mourinho for Rafa. Obviously strengthening in the summer will decide a lot of the factors on who will be favourite, but as of now Man U has a better squad and more depth in my opinion.

Just saw Laudrup and Martinez are in line for the vacated Everton post. Will be so fucking gutted if Laudrup or Martinez are snapped up while we've been twiddling our thumbs for about 2 years too long as to whether Pardew should be here.

This is my fear.  They get their pick before we do.  Hopefully they chose wrong and we have a better group to choose from this summer.

I'll bet you a tenner / bag of haribo that Alan Pardew is our manager when the new season starts.

Just saw Laudrup and Martinez are in line for the vacated Everton post. Will be so f***ing gutted if Laudrup or Martinez are snapped up while we've been twiddling our thumbs for about 2 years too long as to whether Pardew should be here.

This is my fear.  They get their pick before we do.  Hopefully they chose wrong and we have a better group to choose from this summer.

I'll bet you a tenner / bag of haribo that Alan Pardew is our manager when the new season starts.

Yup, unfortunately this is my feeling. If he starts next season badly I can see him sacked by january, but I don't believe he'll be sacked.

18 months?

He'll have to be faltering very badly to get 18 months. Top 3/4 and challenging well for cups will see him stay for a period

Not qualifying for the CL might force their hand. 

Man Utd. can't afford the Chelsea/Madrid route.  Literally.  They need to hire and stick by their managers.

Too rich for my blood.

Too rich for my blood.

:lol:

18 months?

He'll have to be faltering very badly to get 18 months. Top 3/4 and challenging well for cups will see him stay for a period

Not qualifying for the CL might force their hand. 

Man Utd. can't afford the Chelsea/Madrid route.  Literally.  They need to hire and stick by their managers. They're not Newcastle United ffs

Guest WhyAyeCabaye

They will have some success, but won't be close to what Fergie achieved.

Surprised they didn't move for Klopp, a decent manager with European pedigree- and knowledge of how to win a cup. Certainly won't complain about it though.

They will have some success, but won't be close to what Fergie achieved.

Surprised they didn't move for Klopp, a decent manager with European pedigree- and knowledge of how to win a cup. Certainly won't complain about it though.

Strange they moved for Moyes so quickly, no one can say he's a bad manager but fact is all he's done is kept Everton normally upper midtable with occasional forrays into Europe or early on flirting with relegation. The consistency in finishes is not bad but Everton never had a consistently good full season usually starting awfully only to engineer a siege mentality and get some momentum post jan transfer window. If that happens at Man Utd next season the players won't get behind him like the Everton ones did but be wondering who this joker thinks he is and he'll be sacked.

Genuinely think Moyes is going to leave a lot of people eating their words. It's such a refreshing move from them not to go for the obvious choice of "The Special One" I'm excited to see what he can do with resources and serious talent. As for Everton I fear for them, they need to pull a Swansea out of the bag and find their Laudrup, rather than going for a journeyman like O'Neil & the like.