Sunderland

Nobody

As far as stupidity and bad timing goes it has to be in a par with the time they had a "green" day when they all turned up wearing something green to celebrate Niall Quinn and his Irish consortium buying them. Problem was their opponents that day were Plymouth Argyle who must have been given a huge lift thinking they'd brought 25,000 fans with them all decked out in green which undoubtedly inspired them to a 3-2 victory.

Yes those mackems really are a thick breed.

I remember that. Was reading RTG after the game, and some kid who'd gone full Leprechaun talking about his anger at the defeat, said something along the lines of "........needless to say, when the 3rd went in I ripped off my orange eyebrows and threw them to the ground..."

Still possibly my favourite ever messageboard post.

:lol:

As far as stupidity and bad timing goes it has to be in a par with the time they had a "green" day when they all turned up wearing something green to celebrate Niall Quinn and his Irish consortium buying them. Problem was their opponents that day were Plymouth Argyle who must have been given a huge lift thinking they'd brought 25,000 fans with them all decked out in green which undoubtedly inspired them to a 3-2 victory.

Yes those mackems really are a thick breed.

I remember that. Was reading RTG after the game, and some kid who'd gone full Leprechaun talking about his anger at the defeat, said something along the lines of "........needless to say, when the 3rd went in I ripped off my orange eyebrows and threw them to the ground..."

Still possibly my favourite ever messageboard post.

Only read your reply at first and thought " wtf does 'going full leprechaun' mean?" Thought it was a metaphor for going crazy or something :lol:

Only read your reply at first and thought " wtf does 'going full leprechaun' mean?" Thought it was a metaphor for going crazy or something :lol:

I read it as a 'Tropic Thunder' reference...."Everybody knows you never go full leprechaun"

I was talking to the lad in the downstairs flat (Man Utd fan) about today's match and he summed it up perfectly - "That's exactly the sort of sh*t city fans would've pulled before the arabs rocked up, proper inferiority complex"

I started a new job the day after the last derby. My new manager is a Mackem. He knew I was a Newcastle supporter from a meeting we had a few weeks earlier. I'd mentioned that both teams were awful. Sunderland always battle to finish around 16th and Newcastle give up before Xmas. On my first day I found out that he'd set up my initial password as "cry-fan". Sad Mackem b******. It's him that should be crying. NUFC vs SAFC truly is the perfect example of two bald men fighting over a comb. Sunderland seem happy to be awful as long as the 'mags' are bad too.

Sky will love it if Sunderland do go down now. Can show that over and over again.

That would be quality for years to come.

(I'm not watching the match, so have no idea what it said)

'5 in a row. 5underland'

This kind of thing is exactly why they're so shit and have been for so long. They consider being below a shambolic Newcastle, but having won the derbies, a great success, something to gloat about. And revelled in us putting up a fight today. It's the kind of patheticness we must avoid.