The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Sounds more like he's pissed them off behind the scenes than results wise. The club ultimately seem to have decided that they'd rather go down and collect parachute payments (and you know maybe use them to build a squad that may stay up next time) than risk a big investment now. I'd be disappointed by the lack of ambition by owners who it seems clearly thought they'd got promoted sooner than hoped for, but nor is it necessarily outrageous if the finances are as the owner says. 

2 minutes ago, triggs said:

Don't think there's any excuse for owners not investing to try to stay up these days

Aren’t Bournemouth trying to build a new stadium?

If so £100m or so would go a long way to paying for that.

If Luton has came up through the playoffs last season, they would have just used the money towards their new stadium.

Guest HTT II

If you go on Villa Talk, they hate him, as I’ve said some of my family support them and they too can’t stand him and want him out ASAP. A text the other day “as bad as some of the shit we played under cabbage face”

Daily Mail: “Stevie G is ideal for any club in the premier league because he’s English, he’s white and he’s a hero. Really he shouldn’t be stopping to the levels of Newcastle or Villa and should be first in line for the job at liverpool”

6 minutes ago, HawK said:

Any link to the comments he made?

Found em, courtesy of BBC :

Parker's post-match interview of the 9-0 loss away to Liverpool :

"It doesn’t surprise me. This is currently where it is at this moment in time. The players need help. Today proved too big a challenge. The levels were far too big.

"At times we couldn’t bear it, the intensity. We’ve got a decision to make as a club. There will be days like this. Time will tell. It's a huge disappointment, a real humbling experience.

"I’m gutted for the players. It’s my job and it will be the defining of us as a group of how we bounce back from this.

"We have some days where hopefully we can get some help in and support and help the current team who came up from the Championship.

"There’s loads of work to be done. The experience today, you never want to be on the end of this. This is currently where are are. If this is the group we’re going with we’ll react and see where are."

Edited by HawK

8 minutes ago, wormy said:

I know he's not been good but that's a wild stat. Didn't think it was that bad. 

I thought Gerrard looked much better than Lampard when they both first started in the PL. Still probably is, but it's a low bar. 

Could never stand parker up here tbh. Odd crunching tackle to make it look like he was the midfield general

In reality he used to do what mctominay does on that video someone posted the other day and get himself marked as much as possible

When he did get the ball he'd do a 360 and back to a defender