The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

9 hours ago, Big Geordie said:

I can't see Poch fixing Chelsea - it seems the owner is intent on having input too. It won't end well, IMO.

Which will be a shame. :)

I can't see how it's any different to his situation at PSG where the people above him buy the players and he tries to manage them, he works best with full control.

I reckon Zidane would have been the better option.

41 minutes ago, Ben said:

Apparently Levy is an absolute control freak that gets involved in everything, when will he take a look at himself and realise he's the issue here.

Absolutely 100% true. After I watched the Spurs documentary on Amazon it was plain to see. 

1 hour ago, Ben said:

I can't see how it's any different to his situation at PSG where the people above him buy the players and he tries to manage them, he works best with full control.

I reckon Zidane would have been the better option.

Zidane wouldn’t go to Chelsea

46 minutes ago, Ben said:

Apparently Daniel is an absolute control freak that gets involved in everything, when will he take a look at himself and realise he's the issue here.

Fyp

Just now, Yorkie said:

That'll be them challenging again next season then. No lasting punishment for the utter clusterfuck of the last twelve months. So grim. 

We need to see how the potential ffp issues they could face play out. Money talks man, football is only punishing for those without it. 

7 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

That'll be them challenging again next season then. No lasting punishment for the utter clusterfuck of the last twelve months. So grim. 

I don't see how anyone can get a grip on that dressing room

Too many egos, most of whom will expect to be playing or at least on the bench

There was an article in the Athletic that said the dressing room had to be made bigger as there wasn't enough space for all of the first team squad

Apparently some of them were sitting on the floor during team meetings

That's without any signings that Poch himself will be asking for in the summer

Just will be an absolute fire sale in summer. Saw some saying clubs should hold off buying from them as will fuck their accounts but no chance of there are easy bargains for the likes of gallager going can't let other clubs get them cheap.

12 minutes ago, Elbel1 said:

I don't see how anyone can get a grip on that dressing room

Too many egos, most of whom will expect to be playing or at least on the bench

There was an article in the Athletic that said the dressing room had to be made bigger as there wasn't enough space for all of the first team squad

Apparently some of them were sitting on the floor during team meetings

That's without any signings that Poch himself will be asking for in the summer

Poch did really well handling all the egos at psg. 🙈

I had that opinion of Chelsea but from all the potter fallout one thing that emerged was that the players while obviously very concerned it wasn't working didn't hate potter or try and force him out apparently they liked him and appreciated his approachability and honesty with then. Yes there were some jokes but he wasn't a disciplinarian and they weren't apparently coming from a place of disliking him. 

All to say as much as i thought it may be like the psg dressing room out Chelsea of old it is a kinda unique situation with way to many players. Poch will need to be more disciplinarian than potter i expect and they just need to sell sell sell half the squad and start again.

Only Ferguson in his prime could fix Chelsea now. It'll take them another billion in players to fluke a good team.

Most of their starting eleven would walk into most teams, but they just don't gel together....long may it continue 

10 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Pochettino to be announced at Chelsea next week. Would he take over straight away or in the summer? Could make them a different beast last game of the season if we still need something. 

Romano said he would takeover in June. Maybe something to do with his PSG payoff? 

39 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Pochettino to be announced at Chelsea next week. Would he take over straight away or in the summer? Could make them a different beast last game of the season if we still need something. 

Sky say Lampard is expected to remain in charge for the remainder of the season. 

It’s only a matter of time before they’re good again. Money, big club reputation and being in London means you can only fail for so long until you accidentally stumble into a formula that works.

The annoying thing is, even after this absolute shambles of a season, players will see Chelsea as a more attractive proposition than us in the summer.

1 hour ago, McCormick said:

It’s only a matter of time before they’re good again. Money, big club reputation and being in London means you can only fail for so long until you accidentally stumble into a formula that works.

The annoying thing is, even after this absolute shambles of a season, players will see Chelsea as a more attractive proposition than us in the summer.

That's the annoying thing, pre-Abramovic, they weren't really seen as a top tier club. Big club without a doubt, but not title contenders. They were a bit of a joke under Ken Bates.

But a decade at the top is a long time and they've probably imprinted themselves on the football world as one of the biggest English clubs now. Bastards.

1 hour ago, TRon said:

That's the annoying thing, pre-Abramovic, they weren't really seen as a top tier club. Big club without a doubt, but not title contenders. They were a bit of a joke under Ken Bates.

But a decade at the top is a long time and they've probably imprinted themselves on the football world as one of the biggest English clubs now. Bastards.

Think what made it click for when Roman bought them was they also hired Mourinho. Had they went for someone else, it could have ended in another way.