The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

14 minutes ago, Stal said:

I never disliked Villa until that relegation, in fact I grew up during Ron Atkinson's European side in the early 90s and rather enjoyed watching them. I have zero idea where that bitterness came from either, it was just so random. Maybe Villa fans are also MLFs as well.

Villa and Everton seem to think that we’re smaller than them and therefore undeserving of the fact we tend to more coverage in the national press than them.  You’d think that might make them cotton on that they may have got that wrong, but hey-ho.

Villa are like the Mackems.  Like to boast how many big pots they’ve won, without letting on that most of them weren’t even won in the previous century.  

Might just be an online thing but they’re seemingly weirdly obsessed with getting one over on us. Makes sense I suppose, in the summer we were in a similar bracket (alongside West Ham) for attracting players to shake up the “big 6”. Inshallah we’ll be considered in a higher tier next summer.

1 hour ago, Stal said:

I never disliked Villa until that relegation, in fact I grew up during Ron Atkinson's European side in the early 90s and rather enjoyed watching them. I have zero idea where that bitterness came from either, it was just so random. Maybe Villa fans are also MLFs as well.

Yeah, I was the same until I worked in Birmingham for a year.

Miguel Delaney having his arse handed to him again....

Starts off questioning Emerey to Villa, then gets on about our spending ability, then when thats proven inaccurate, switches his argumjent about the wages we pay compared to Villa, which is also shown to be inaccurate.

Blokes an absolute weapon.

image.thumb.png.23d3fd20d2bed74a0b1d6eb5f64f18eb.png

Edited by TK-421

:lol: So many tweets I honestly cant be arsed to find what triggered our fans.

Miguel Delaney is still a cunt. Probably was something innocuous but he's just a more eloquent Edwards to me at this point. You keep baiting our fans, they'll jump on the slightest thing in future.

3 hours ago, South-Cheshire-Toon said:

I think what the first quote is saying, and I may be wrong here - so please do correct me, is that Villareal didn't have a history, as in they have no illustrious past to compare to, nor 'live up' as it's an expectation of the fans that that's where they should be, ie in the top flight division, and winning trophys.

Doing a google search to get the wiki page for the team - it seems that after a very long time, the team (real) is on the move upwards so their fans are still, for the want of a better word - riding the wave.

1 History

1.1 1923–29: Early years

1.2 1929–98: Time in lower divisions

1.3 1998–2012: La Liga and European debuts

1.4 2012–present: Relegation and European glory

Whereas, Villa have won in the 80's several European trophies - so it is there days that their fans are wanting to go back to - because to them - they are a big team and deserve to be there - no matter what. 

This last sentence is bollocks tbh as NO team deserve to be at the top unless they have earned it - so let's see how he does.

I'd be interested to see where Stevie G. next appears.

I honestly don’t think Villa fans think they have a right to be at the top. I also do not dispute the fact that historically Villa are the bigger club. All I’m saying is that over the last 20 years or so Villarreal have been the more successful, and as such their fans expectation or at least that of the board may put a bit more pressure on having them up there and competing, where as Villa are more at a building stage of their process.

The issue/argument made against us is that we have spent all this money in a short space of time and that correlates to the success we have had, this doesn't take into account the massive under investment while clubs around us and currently below us have had the benefit of decent spending window on window season on season. In fact its a miracle in my eyes that we are mixing it with the top 8 currently and beyond with only so little spent. 

Due to this I find it hard to compare and ultimately we have still had to do it wisely as we had strengthening needed all throughout the side and we still ultimately have players getting time that shouldn't be here anymore showing there is much more to be done . 

I am sure at the time of our take over pundits would say it would take many many years and 100's of millions just to catch up never mind over take. While its early days you cannot take away from the hard work that has been done with what we have. 

Edited by nufcjmc

Sometimes journalists make their statements appear gospel as some are good at constructing a point or good with words but regularly just offer personal opinion no different than a fan would. Made worse by rise of social media making someone with a following an "expert".

It's important that journalists like Delany discuss state ownership, particularly those owners with shitty Human Rights records. For example, he recently put together a couple of decent, needed pieces on Qatar and the World Cup.

Delany's problem is that he comes across as a sneering, pompous cunt, who loves getting stuck into fans (who have little or no say in said ownership). He can't help himself, even if his argument isn't beholden to facts.

Basically he's a decent journo who can put together good articles, but as a bloke he's highly unlikeable.