Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

Souness  dropped Robert and so would have Pardew.

Anyway  why do we need to get into silly debates about who was better. Both great talents with  utter fucking wank managers proving  their downfall :(

Exactly. Robert was constantly criticised by TV pundits as well for not tracking back, a lot of former players share the same mindset as Souness and Pardew.

It's hard to compare them, both extremely talented but on different attributes. Robert also played under SBR while HBA was playing for the ultimate defensive cunt. Robert is easily the best striker of the ball I've ever seen for us while Hatem is arguably more entertaining to watch. Robert's stats are hard to argue against though.

Anyway, two of my favourite players in our shirt in the past 15 years.

Irony of ironies if Bruce was to come here and we were unable to recall HBA! Although on te upside it might away him to sign a new contract at the end of the season.

Seriously thinking of taking time out to watch the match tomorrow if hes playing, masochistic I know.

No, but he'd be undroppable, even by the standards of this idiot.

The standards of this particular idiot should never be underestimated.

There were a vocal minority even with Robert who played into the old 'lazy, doesn't put a shift in' shite.  Some woman in the Milburn in particular never shut up about him

"ROBEARRRR, IT'S YOUR FAULT, ROBEARRRR, IT'S YOU AGAIN, YOU'VE LOST IT AGAIN ROBEARR, GET BACK MAN ROBEARRR, WHAT YOU DOING SHOOTING FROM THERE ROBEARRR YOU GREEDY SOD, ROBEARRR, GET BACK ROBEEARR, YER LAZY ROBEARRRR"

:anguish:

In fact maybe it was just her.

Steve Bruce has vowed to get the best out of Hatem Ben Arfa – by showing him the affection he was starved of at Newcastle.

Ben Arfa has been booted out of Toon and banished to Hull on loan, with under-fire Magpies boss Alan Pardew insisting he got rid because the French winger lacked “a love and a passion for the club.”

Ben Arfa disputes his manager’s claims, and Pardew has come under heavy fire from fans who are furious with him for dumping their favourite.

But Tigers chief Bruce, who has been linked with the St James’ Park job if Pardew gets the bullet, piled the pressure on his Toon counterpart by insisting Ben Arfa has been “ostracised” on Tyneside.

Ben Arfa, 27, will kick off his stint at the Yorkshire club with a place on the bench at home to West Ham on Monday night with Bruce revealing: ”I’ll assess him, but I don’t think he’s fit enough to go straight in at the start because he hasn’t played 90 minutes for I don’t know how long.

“But that’s what you get when you’ve been ostracised, having to work with the under-21’s. You are going to miss the intensity of playing and training, that’s pretty normal. So he’s still got a bit to do fitness-wise.

“What I do know, though, is that there is no doubt about Hatem’s ability. Absolutely not. I also think he might just have something to prove and, when someone has got a fire burning inside them to show people they are wrong, then maybe Hull City can benefit from that. Let’s hope so.

“There might be a bit of a maverick in him, but there are a few mavericks around here so he’s in good company! All I want him to do is go out there and enjoy playing again, feel wanted, be part of the club and be appreciated for what he’s got.

"A year ago I remember when we beat Newcastle up at their place, our thoughts wer,e ‘How do we stop Ben Arfa?’ because he is such a talent and was their big player at the time. So he’s always been there on our radar, and I thought ‘why hasn’t anybody gone in for him?’

“They wanted £6million probably at the start of the summer, so I kept monitoring it and, on deadline day, I thought ‘okay, let’s go for it.’

“What Hatem has to do now is knuckle down and get himself physically in the right condition, because you can’t play in the Premier League if you’re not 100 per cent right. I won’t take any risks with him, but he’s going to have a big part to play here because he gives us the flexibility to play whatever formation we like.”

:indi:

"A year ago I remember when we beat Newcastle up at their place, our thoughts were ‘How do we stop Ben Arfa?’

:lol:  fucks sake, alan would have had him covering the fullback all week in training and all

in fact wasn't that the game where ben arfa didn't track the full back and they scored?

Guardian

This season the fans’ disgruntlement has been exacerbated by Pardew’s controversial decision to loan Hatem Ben Arfa– a France international with whom he had fallen out – to Hull. Under the terms of that deal Ben Arfa cannot play on Saturday but Bruce is thought to be contemplating putting the Frenchman in Hull dugout.