Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

Nowt to do with attitude. All to do with questioning Pardew's negative tactics. Just like most of us.

From a managerial perspective then that would be classed as an 'attitude problem'.

But yes, we all agree.

I find it really strange Pardew isn't at the very least keeping Ben Arfa involved enough so he can throw him on when we're behind for the old "bit of magic".

No mention of him whatsoever in Pardew's post match interview when he was listing through players.

I find it really strange Pardew isn't at the very least keeping Ben Arfa involved enough so he can throw him on when we're behind for the old "bit of magic".

No mention of him whatsoever in Pardew's post match interview when he was listing through players.

Apart from when he mentioned Caballa's threat around the box and that we had not seen the like of it since Cabaye left. Thought that was another sly dig at Ben Arfa.

Apart from when he mentioned Caballa's threat around the box and that we had not seen the like of it since Cabaye left. Thought that was another sly dig at Ben Arfa.

Ben Arfa has started 3-4 matches since Cabaye was sold.

Ben Arfa has started 3-4 matches since Cabaye was sold.

I know.

i watched the video BEN ARFA the maverick one

lets say that someone showed that video to you and told you that we would sign this guy on Monday

I would really think that we could qualify for Europe this season...strange to think that we have this kind of quality in our  team and we just waste it.

also saw Jonas there few times  in goal celebration sad to see how club treated him as well, always gave everything and seems really positive  guy but now nowhere to be seen....

was thinking maybe he was the one supporting ben arfa and he fell out because of that?

Saw enough of Cabella on the very brief MOTD2 highlights to suggest that playing the pair of them could be dynamite, particularly against the shitter teams (ie most of the league).

Ah well.

Makes me sick that Obertan gets on over this lad. Doesn't make any sense

Attitude over talent. Dangerous game whichever way you play it. Pardew clearly rates the latter "in his eyes". True gutter Hatem can't get a reprieve. Would be a huge boost having him back with Cabella on the left and Siem in the middle.

Pardew didn't seem to mention "Chucky" either for what its worth. But maybe that's either a name I missed Pardew talking about or certainly for another thread.

Obertan's done ok in a couple of pre-season games and it earns him a reprieve. He's had about 1 good game in his whole time here. In that time, he's stormed out after being left off the bench, basically been told he can leave and played dog shit anytime he's been near the pitch - and I don't just mean going forward, even when he "tracks back" i.e. Pardew's fetish, he's shite at that too. He's literally useless, and has no plusses to cancel out the many minuses I've just listed. Ben Arfa brings so much more than this utter cocknose but it's one rule for one and other rules for everybody else.

Two years ago today. :(

"For me, Hatem was the stand-out player today. He was taking people on in all areas of the pitch and even got two of the Spurs players booked early on. Hatem won and scored the penalty and you need players like this if you are going to do well.

"It was a little white lie by me (to say HBA was unfit). I don’t tell too many, but that was one. He looked sharp in training and the only thing we were worried about was that he hadn’t had a lot of game time. The more I looked at him, the more I thought he was ready - he really was terrific today.

I'm echoing what people have already said but when we switched to 433 during the first half against Man City I couldn't help think how fantastic it would be seeing Cabella on one side and Ben Arfa on the other.

Unless a minor miracle happens in Pardew's mind or we get another manager in we'll never see it. Tragic really.

Guest firetotheworks

Got to feel for Obertan  :lol:

Getting so much heat because of Pardew's foolishness.

No. He's shit.