Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

Always stood by Ayoze, he can be awful sometimes but he always comes back with a worldy of a game. I wish he was more consistent, but then if he was uncle Mike would have him down the pawn shop as soon as we looked away.

He keeps playing like that and putting those game saving goals away he can celebrate how the hell he wants.

Guest Howaythetoon

Best pound for pound signing this club has made, 42 goals in 170 appearances now I think.

1.5m he cost aye?

We couldn’t afford him today :lol:

Hopefully he’ll get a call up to the Mexican squad soon, he deserves to play at international level!

Guest firetotheworks

Pound for pound our best signing?

In current squad yes, all-time nowhere near.

Who then?

Just to be clear - you're struggling to think of a better signing than Ayoze Perez in the history of Newcastle United?

No, he said “pound-for-pound”

I can't see Rob Lee ever being beaten on that front. £700k, one of our best players during the best period in our recent history, and played for 10 years.

I've reconverted to just accepting Perez's faults now though, he's easily worth putting up with his frustrating periods, it would just be mint if he ironed out the dribbling into players and losing the ball thing, because if he did he'd probably be arguably our best player.

The most expensive player in world football in 1992, the year we signed Rob for £700,000, was Gianluca Vialli.

Juventus yet again broke the transfer record by signing Vialli from Sampdoria in 1992 for £12.5million. In his first season, he helped the Old Lady win the UEFA Cup.

https://www.planetfootball.com/quick-reads/every-world-record-transfer-since-1990-featuring-baggio-shearer-pogba/

In 2014, when Perez joined for £1.5m, Gareth Bale had been sold for £86m just 12 months earlier.

In relative terms I'd say Perez is the best pound for pound player despite Rob Lee's great contributions over the years. Used to love the way Lee would chase a player down and come away with the ball so easily.

He can do what he wants when he's scoring goals and playing well, aye. But the fingers in the ear celebration at this point is just a bit weird at this point, especially when you've scored 2 to turn the game round and the fans have been behind you all game and for a few weeks now (coincidentally when you play well, who would have thought it?). I do think Rafa should have a bit of a word with him about it, personally - though I'm not hugely bothered by it.

That being said, the chip on his shoulder may well aid his performances - in that case - flash us the V's!

In all honesty any of our players could celebrate winners for us by spitting in my face and I’ll be fine about it. It when other clubs deliberately do it in front of our fans and try and incite the crowd when I hate it. Pickford yesterday when he was celebrating the ball going wide is a good example.

Love how pumped he is when he scores the winner, his celebration is class. Amazing performance today, the chipped pass to Rondon for the first is genius.

Even more amazing, the header he won under pressure, he often goes straight to ground in those situations.

At first I thought the Everton defender had just headed it out to Rondon, its a great leap when you realise how small he is. Feels like now Almiron is here there is less pressure on Perez to create everything.

In all honesty any of our players could celebrate winners for us by spitting in my face and I’ll be fine about it. It when other clubs deliberately do it in front of our fans and try and incite the crowd when I hate it. Pickford yesterday when he was celebrating the ball going wide is a good example.

Good old FakeTaxi style heckle when any one of our players scores then? Class.

What a casual, ear poking little scrote of a forriner he is. I hope Rafa does the right thing and benches him for being disrespectful to the proper hard man fans for his behaviour.

Lovely plastic haired bastard :smitten:

He can do what he wants when he's scoring goals and playing well, aye. But the fingers in the ear celebration at this point is just a bit weird at this point, especially when you've scored 2 to turn the game round and the fans have been behind you all game and for a few weeks now (coincidentally when you play well, who would have thought it?). I do think Rafa should have a bit of a word with him about it, personally - though I'm not hugely bothered by it.

That being said, the chip on his shoulder may well aid his performances - in that case - flash us the V's!

Think it was a loaded celebration at first, now it's just become his own. Stop reading too much into it.