Siem de Jong (still alive)

Guest ManDoon

He looks absolutley like a Kevin Nolan type player - not really a midfielder, or striker - an in-between player with excellent finishing who can score all types of goals.

He was an unfit fucker who couldn't breathe properly as well.

Let's hope he provides more on the pitch than Nolan if he isn't scoring.

He looks absolutley like a Kevin Nolan type player - not really a midfielder, or striker - an in-between player with excellent finishing who can score all types of goals.

Yeah. Whoever said he's between Muller and Nolan probably has it spot on  :lol:

I think he'll be a bit like Anita - in terms of possession style -  but in the final third. Lots of pass and move, quick interchanges and layoffs. I hope it gets the tempo up from our often ponderous game, especially against defensive sides.

Now, for those wingers and strikers...

He makes great runs forward - late into the box, early into the box, etc. In final 3rd I see him either taking the ball and playing it out wide and then trying to get on end of a chance or making runs to finish balls into the box intelligently. I am looking forward to him and ACTUALLY do like that he's a former captain too. Kind of hope he gets the arm band, he'sa proven winner.

Guest thenorthumbrian

If De Jong does well for us he could be a captain replacement for Colo. Unless he does too well and we make a few quid on him by selling him for a profit to a proper club.I.E one with ambition and who go in for that old fashioned idea of competing by building a squad around the clubs best players.

They're gonna share the armband in the event that Colo doesn't play. It's Pardew's new tactic to prevent his forward players getting forward, rubber band them to our defensive players.

Will he get 5 goals in the PL next season?

We are going to need him and Cabella to hit about 15 between the pair of them at this rate. I don't see Cisse getting into double figures although I reckon he should get 7 or 8.

I reckon a nice, solid 9 will be his league total. I think his supposedly excellent movement will be a great asset for us, as long as he plays as a no. 10. Our uncreative midfield needs all the help it can get in terms of some movement in the final third. We really lacked wiling options, last year, which placed even more emphasis on having to force wonder passes from players that just didn't have it in their locker.

It'll also help to have a central player who actually understands the concept of making space, when we play teams that come here and defend deep.

Will he get 5 goals in the PL next season?

will depend entirely on cabella if signed, from YT scouting SDJ looks very good off the ball and cabella seems capable of beating a man or two and seeing a pass

have to hope they both apapt quickly

or indeed don't adapt quickly, get pardew the sack, then adapt instantly which would be preferable

Siem de Jong ‏@siemdejong  2m

Congrats @LuukdeJong9 with your new club #psv to bad it's not the best club in Holland

:lol:

What is the betting we get brother last minute bargain bin on deadline day  :undecided:

Seems odd to me to give him the vice-captain role already. I mean, he doesn't know the players, they don't know him, there can't be any trust or respect there yet

Not that there are many better options available mind

Siem de Jong ‏@siemdejong  2m

Congrats @LuukdeJong9 with your new club #psv to bad it's not the best club in Holland

:lol:

What is the betting we get brother last minute bargain bin on deadline day  :undecided:

Nil.