Newcastle United 0 - 2 Man City - 17/08/14 - Post-match reaction from page 34

BlueStar

It's a lot better than I expected tbh. Definitely a good base to build from. Really worried about Colo though, he's doing really weird stuff.

Not really, not for me anyway. We always play well against these at home but lose anyway.

It's gone exactly as it usually does.

Cabella has been good, but when we break he's being too slow.  I dunno if it's cause he's not used to the pace of the Prem or what, but he's slowing our attacks down, more than helping them

From training he's probably realised that Sissoko, Gouff, Colback etc are not exactly 'through the eye of a needle' type players.

Our passing game gas improved, but losing that avoidable goal is probably crucial. Yes, Riviere is struggling on his own, but we do need to match them in midfield.

We need a lucky break.

Get used to that.

It has been fairly promising at times, some of our ball movement has been decent but it has never been an area that matters. I'm still bemused how a manager can be here for so long and have a team that looks so uncomfortable in the final third.

Anita has been fantastic.

think siem will be vital in holding the ball up between midfield and the strikers, as we've snatched at half chances so far

riviere just needs to get his head up when he's in a good position, as he's been a bit wild which is normal I guess when trying to impress

I would understand us being over cautious and not throwing too many men forward with every attack, if i didnt know he would play the same way if we were playing Leicester City at home  :lol: :lol:

Never getting enough in the box at any time isolating new guy Riviere and leading to hot-headed work from him. But that's a feature of Pardew all during his time here, never enough in the box, got to hold shape and be ready to defend.

I think the midfield is promising once De Jong and Tiote returns.

But as we all know, there's a desperate need for a striker. It's gone as expected really, play ok and struggle to force the GK make saves but lose anyway.

f*** Tiote. We don't need anyone that can't control and pass in midfield.

Colback has made forward passes and moved into space more times in the first half than Tiote did for the whole of last season.

Just meant in terms of options. I'd start Anita-Sissoko-De Jong with Cabella-Riviere-Aarons (if he keeps impressing)

Man, good to see Anita taking charge. He's actually telling the defenders where to pass the ball when we try to play it out. Making a big difference to the reduced hoofing.

Be the first one off.

:lol: I can't fucking take another season of his shit

:lol: Motherfucker you got six more coming.

:lol: And people wonder why I'm angry as hell at work

It has been fairly promising at times, some of our ball movement has been decent but it has never been an area that matters. I'm still bemused how a manager can be here for so long and have a team that looks so uncomfortable in the final third.

Anita has been fantastic.

:thup:

Hope you starting posting on here more regularly.

I don't think Anita has quite been fantastic though although with Colback looking to break forward from deep he's got a lot of ground to cover.

Same old story in defense, same old story with zero support for our striker in attack. Same old story with playing 10 men in our own half, too respectful but maybe to be expected against a superior citeh team that look up for it at least in defense.

Dissapointing switch off from janmaat for the goal. We have looked slightly better than last season in general though with new signings looking decent and sissoko/Anita/Gouffran putting in decent shifts. Can see us picking up a few wins this season.