Crystal Palace manager

Mick

I have absolutely zilch interest in Newcastle United Football Club whilst this cunt is involved with the club. It's clear he has an agenda along with the owner to keep us up on a shoestring and allow the owner to cream the TV money whilst garnering free advertising for his grubby company. I'm going to attempt to stay away from this board and hope that any feeling, generally infinitessimally minute, of optimism that can be found with rumours or good news concerning our club, that I search this board for, can dissipate.

Seriously, this regime from the owner down to the manager have no interest in what we yearn for, and thus any emotional attachment I have is void.

In short, I'm done until a change at the top.

I really think he will be struggling to hold on to his job within the next few weeks.

We were told we had a kind fixture list before the difficult games in Nov/Dec but I am struggling to see where we are going to get points from in these easy games.  Southampton away we normally lose, we haven't managed to beat Hull in the league at home yet, Stoke and Swansea away we usually lose and they have both started the season well and then Leicester home are the archetypal promotion team that causes us problems and then we are in to the top 6.

You get to January with a relegation-threatened team and who will want to sign for us?  Cheap foreigners that we have monitored for several years who will need a few months to adjust to the league.

Pardew needs results and he needs them quickly otherwise I believe Ashley will have no choice other than to get rid because the cheapest option for him will be to get the current players performing.

doubt it, clubs taken his side on HBA and MYM which suggests they trust him completely and if the headbutt incident won't get him sacked nothing will

Exactly. He'll be f***ing delighted over the backing he's had this summer.

It wouldn't take much to get him sitting in his dugout all game again, if enough of the crowd turn he's as good as gone this early in the season.

Owning a sports team is a business unlike any other. In no other business I can think of are the customers so invested in how the business conducts itself.

Some people love Nike, some like Adidas. But if either of them start making stuff that's pure shit, customers won't have any compunction about changing brands.

That just doesn't happen in sports, because a team is more than an ordinary brand. It represents a community, a place, a region, and an identity.

To my way of thinking, someone who owns a team is duty bound to honor that special relationship and not abuse it. Ashley clearly disagrees. He treats the club only as his personal asset, to do with what he pleases. He knows a certain percentage of supporters will stand by the club no matter what he does, because of the special bond. The rest he doesn't give a shit about.

It's egregious that Ashley has the audacity to disrespect his customers--the people who truly love the club--by keeping this fucking alien egg sack around.

Fuck them both.

I believe I could support Newcastle properly - with real passion/anger/happiness/heartbreak/whatever - in a scenario where Mike Ashley is at the club. I reckon that is actually possible.

The same can't be said for Pardew. He is the single biggest problem with the club. A total cancer. People forget that it is actually him - and his appalling managerial ability - which has Ashley convinced that we've no right to be ambitious. Imagine if we stumbled across a manager who could actually manage. It could change Ashley's perspective altogether. He knows fuck all about football, at the end of the day.

This club can survive Mike Ashley, Pardew is something else.

So now he's got the trouble makers out, Hatem, Mbiwa and Marveaux, what will he do for excuses when the new well bonded team still looks like s***?

Fans expectations

Fans being a distraction

Missing that bit of quality

Missing a bit of luck

Injuries and fitness of key players

Inexperience in the premier league

Going to have days like this, always said there we's would go through a dry period

Inexperienced youngsters

Carling cup took its toll

The list is endless, except blaming himself and his inept coaching team.

Guest firetotheworks

I believe I could support Newcastle properly - with real passion/anger/happiness/heartbreak/whatever - in a scenario where Mike Ashley is at the club. I reckon that is actually possible.

The same can't be said for Pardew. He is the single biggest problem with the club. A total cancer. People forget that it is actually him - and his appalling managerial ability - which has Ashley convinced that we've no right to be ambitious. Imagine if we stumbled across a manager who could actually manage. It could change Ashley's perspective altogether. He knows f*** all about football, at the end of the day.

This club can survive Mike Ashley, Pardew is something else.

Yep.