Georginio Wijnaldum

Disco

He has played wide left, with some success though is my point.  At the minute, we have a midfield that consists of 2 central attacking players, that re being used out wide.  With 2 holding players in the middle.  I'm not sure it's sustainable, or that it will work on a consistent basis.  It certainly hasn't so far and we hardly creative again yesterday.

Agree that he goes missing for large chunks in games but yesterday in the second half he was very involved.  Also agree he doesn't seem to give Dummett much protection. And Dummett doesn't give him much support when going forward - also Gini isn't often close by Dummett in attack.  So it's unbalanced.  Don't know what the answer is.

"anonymous" is such a poor way to describe him. When the whole team has been shit, he's been unable to force anything of a performance out of anyone around him - doesn't need to be singled out for that.

Anyway, mentioned it after Norwich - agreed, his wide left position is a defending position, in the attack he's playing his usual drifting #10. He's deadly as fuck around the box, and it's painfully obvious there's a reason why he shouldn't be playing further back in central midfield IMO, he's far too good in attack.

I like De Jong a ton, but captain for me Gini and De Jong as vice. Make Gini the leader and face of this club now.

It's obvious he's a quality playmaker and does his best work in the opposition half, but with the current central midfield pairing being limited in movement there is a lot of onus on him and Sissoko to provide the workrate. It would help a lot if we replaced Colback with a midfielder who has an engine.

A CM, especially one playing next to Anita who is mostly a defensive midfielder, should find himself in and around the oppositions box plenty during a game. Look at some of his touches and movement yesterday, you want him involved as much as possible and playing CM in between De Jong and Anita is where he should be.

Crap Defence

Anita

Wijnaldum

Perez        De Jong      Thauvin

Cisse/Mitrovic

Something like that is how we should be playing IMO.

Needs to be captain.

Vice captain I think.  Give de Jong the armband. :yikes:

This :thup:

Woooah there...he's not even a guaranteed starter. Far from being captain material for me.

Still has a heck of a lot to prove before captaincy is mentioned imo.

Aye I thought he did well enough yesterday but bit of an overreaction. Our big problem with picking a captain is that we have no consistently reliable player in the squad

Needs to be captain.

Vice captain I think.  Give de Jong the armband. :yikes:

This :thup:

Woooah there...he's not even a guaranteed starter. Far from being captain material for me.

Still has a heck of a lot to prove before captaincy is mentioned imo.

http://static.goal.com/235500/235512_heroa.jpg

http://static3.trouw.nl/static/photo/2014/3/16/3/20140427181815/media_l_2228988.jpg

http://www.o-posts.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Siem-de-Jong.jpg

He has, at least, been a success in this role at a relatively big club for 2 years though - he helped them in winning 4 titles in a row, has experience in big derbies and captaining a club in the champions league. Not bad for a guy who was 23/24 years old at the time.

If I remember (?) he was also helping to coach the reserve or youth team here when he had that major lay off with his lung. I think it should be between him and Gini at least now.

Tbh, i'm surprised he hasn't put more soundbytes out about leaving. Instead he's knuckled down, got amongst it at the under 21 level and forced his way into the lineup. I don't think he should have had to go to such measures to get his reward but fair play to him.

Sissoko is the one who always talks about champions league football but if there is a player who is worthy in terms of ability at playing at that level, it's De Jong...along with Gini.

Tbh, i'm surprised he hasn't put more soundbytes out about leaving. Instead he's knuckled down, got amongst it at the under 21 level and forced his way into the lineup. I don't think he should have had to go to such measures to get his reward but fair play to him.

Sissoko is the one who always talks about champions league football but if there is a player who is worthy in terms of ability at playing at that level, it's De Jong...along with Gini.

It was one game where he was good but wasn't exactly unbelievable. Calm down man

Just clocked DJ looks like the fella from Community.

:lol:

Nailed it. I never realized but it was bugging me since he joined us. f***ing Jeff Winger, with his horrendous haircut that LDJ is following to a t.

I said he looked like Joel McHale right when we signed him. :lol:

It was one game where he was good but wasn't exactly unbelievable. Calm down man

Obviously not basing this opinion on yesterday's match. I've always loved his style of play before he even signed for us. Think he's top draw but shame his career is being savaged by injuries. He's been fit to play for a while now and it's nice to see him in the side and long may he continue there.

Tbh i didn't think his performance yesterday was anything special, probably a 7 out of 10.

It was obvious from early on in the match that he was up for this one, he has just great technique. of course will be gone in the summer to one of the better teams no matter which division we are playing in.