Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I was massively against signing him but I've been happier with him that I thought I'd be.

Likening him to Cabella is harsh imho. He tends to do one/two stepovers and then look to deliver early into the box. Cabella never got to the delivery stage.

I think he's probably frustrated that he's not got much to aim at in there if Mitro's not caught up with the play.

Jury is out massively from my perspective but, overall, he's been a bit more of a hit than a miss to date.

I was massively against signing him but I've been happier with him that I thought I'd be.

Likening him to Cabella is harsh imho. He tends to do one/two stepovers and then look to deliver early into the box. Cabella never got to the delivery stage.

I think he's probably frustrated that he's not got much to aim at in there if Mitro's not caught up with the play.

Jury is out massively from my perspective but, overall, he's been a bit more of a hit than a miss to date.

:thup:

This is where I am too, good post.

That bit of space that Wini / Janmeet played him into on the right wing and he looked completely off their wavelength was a bit worrying, but you could see the former player reprimanding him for not reading it, so hopefully he develops a connection with Janmaat as he plays there more. I would still switch him and Sissoko, as the latter has only ever looked good on the right.

His stepovers don't look great, but they're more effective because he can genuinely go both directions and be effective. Cabella just does them and carries on the same way.

Yep - the fact he is genuinely two footed makes a big difference.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest firetotheworks

Love how every thread is being bumped for each player to say how shit they were. :lol: They're all shit, man.

Did anyone really think he wouldn't be, other than those who like to delude themselves over every single signing we make?

We basically paid £4m for the player and another £8m for 10 England caps. Pretty much the same deal with Shelvey.

Guest neesy111

Did anyone really think he wouldn't be, other than those who like to delude themselves over every single signing we make?

We basically paid £4m for the player and another £8m for 10 England caps. Pretty much the same deal with Shelvey.

:thup:

People were lauding the signing of him[emoji38]