Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The free kick man, I was in the corner on level 7 and in my mind I'm thinking we have no one to score directly from free kicks and that they often don't get passed the wall. So there I was 'Well it's got passed the wall......f***ing hell in the corner'.

I'm not sure you had enough time to think all of that. :lol:

The free kick man, I was in the corner on level 7 and in my mind I'm thinking we have no one to score directly from free kicks and that they often don't get passed the wall. So there I was 'Well it's got passed the wall......f***ing hell in the corner'.

I'm not sure you had enough time to think all of that.[emoji38]

Depends how quickly time past/passed[emoji38]

I'm not sure you had enough time to think all of that. :lol:

I don't know like, things happen in slow motion man. I remember the Emre winner against the Mackems, I was sitting right behind it, I stud up because I thought it was going in, then thought it was going to hit the post so started to sit back down all whilst the ball was in the air.

Guest firetotheworks

I've gone on record as saying I was against signing him and I'd still maintain that I'd like to have seen Thauvin given a proper run (especially under Rafa) but I've also said how impressed I've been with him and that I was clearly wrong. Nowt wrong with that tbh.

Not at all. The quotes thing wasn't calling anyone out in any way, it was purely just to provide examples of where people had said that and KI appeared to call me out for bullshitting because I'm not one of the posters he likes to arselick on here.

[emoji38]Fuck you on about? I asked who had said they'd have preferred keeping Thauvin because I'd never seen it. You gave two examples, I wasn't claiming you were bullshitting at all, calm your passions.

Nowt like massaging your ego with the power of hindsight like :lol:

Might aswell drag up quotes before and after Leon Best scored a hatrick against West Ham, or Jonas keeping us in the league.

FWIW we originally signed Townsend as a left winger.

Happy to admit I was wrong about him, expected him to be average at best BUT overall he has been class, still frustrates at times as he holds onto to the ball too long, though I prefer that to someone that doesn't even try to take players on

Guest neesy111

Was more like a Robert freekick than Solano like. Not just because it was left footed

Similar to Robert's free kick against Liverpool

Aye, that was the one it reminded me of.

Don't think I've ever been more wrong about a signing. We'd have been dead and buried without him.

Never met him, he's never read the forum, but feel like I owe him an apology :lol: even if he hadn't been has productive as he has been lately, he tries hard and cares which counts for a lot.

Still think his decision making is insane but that's okay. :)

Was more like a Robert freekick than Solano like. Not just because it was left footed

Similar to Robert's free kick against Liverpool

Aye, that was the one it reminded me of.

I always thought the goalie shouldn't let the Robert one in. Townsend's was unstoppable IMO, even with the dodgy instep from the keeper.