Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How come spurs always sell their cast offs for top dollar? Get newcastle tend to give theirs way?

Because Spurs' cast offs are the likes of Towsend who can do a job for a team like us, where as ours are the likes of Shola, Rivière, Obertan.

Guest firetotheworks

Now spent over £30 trying to replace a much, much better player who apparently wasn't good enough and we gave away for nothing. Lovely stuff.

Now spent over £30 trying to replace a much, much better player who apparently wasn't good enough and we gave away for nothing. Lovely stuff.

People keep saying this. He wasn't released because he wasn't good enough. Nobody genuinely believes that. He was released because he fell out with the manager and influential members of the squad - like he did at previous clubs. This is no James Milner situation where people felt he genuinely wasn't good enough.

People keep saying this. He wasn't released because he wasn't good enough. Nobody genuinely believes that. He was released because he fell out with the manager and influential members of the squad - like he did at previous clubs. This is no James Milner situation where people felt he genuinely wasn't good enough.

The situation of his departure makes no difference to how monumentally stupid a decision it was - so no wonder people bring it up.

Anyways - Townsend.... dunno what to think. Seems like a lot of money. Not sure about his attitude or ability tbh. Would rather have signed a striker, can't imagine well buy a striker as well. I think buying 4 first team players in January isn't going to improve the team in the short term. Need time to settle, adjust to the area and team etc.

Hope he's decent. With Sissoko being such a physical counter-attacking player I would've wanted a more cultured left winger in the Nobby Mould. Someone with consistent delivery but tbh I can't think of anyone.

I'd rather spend this money on players doing it week in week out in the Championship tbh. Rather than PL players who have never shown consistent form but I was one of those people saying we needed PL experience.

Your mate didn't think he was good enough, that's why he kept dropping him from the team for Shola, for Taylor, for Obertan, for whoever he could find, for three years prior to his release. That's a fact.

The situation of his departure makes no difference to how monumentally stupid a decision it was - so no wonder people bring it up.

But the situation is the reason he left. If a player falls out with a manager and influential members of any squad - he's not going to remain at that club.

Anyways - Townsend.... dunno what to think. Seems like a lot of money. Not sure about his attitude or ability tbh. Would rather have signed a striker, can't imagine well buy a striker as well. I think buying 4 first team players in January isn't going to improve the team in the short term. Need time to settle, adjust to the area and team etc.

Hope he's decent. With Sissoko being such a physical counter-attacking player I would've wanted a more cultured left winger in the Nobby Mould. Someone with consistent delivery but tbh I can't think of anyone.

I'd rather spend this money on players doing it week in week out in the Championship tbh. Rather than PL players who have never shown consistent form but I was one of those people saying we needed PL experience.

England. Internationals.

giphy.gif

Guest firetotheworks

Absolute fucking rubbish.

I don't want to derail the thread but my final thoughts on the subject - I can't solely blame everyone else when Hatem has a consistent history of behaviour that leads to him leaving clubs. It's just naive and disingenuous to how any team that is trying to function - should work.

You have to be deluded if you think Hatem left because people at NUFC judged his footballing ability to be so poor we should pay up his contract (or accept any offer) and let him go. He was marked (rightly or wrongly I don't know) as a disruptive influence in teh changing room and we let him go for free/paid him to leave.

Gomis isn't good enough tbh.

Guys a f***ing plank, Sholaesque standard and one we managed to miraculously avoid (somehow) over the years.

Lacazette isn't coming in a million years, why the f*** would he???

As for the two we have signed, I personally think they both improve the squad, and both are probable starting 11 certs...

All this still doesn't address the immediate issues of we need a f***ing striker though!

You've literally just proved my point :lol:

Gomis has scored a steady amount of goals in this division, why should we turn our noses up at him when our own strikers can't manage that?

As for Lacazette, the same was said about Thauvin was it not? "He doesn't want to join, we're wasting our time with fake bids" etc etc.

Gomis started off well, he's looked a bit of a donkey for the last couple of months.

Granted, he's not going to score 15-20 a season, but he's got the same amount of league goals (5) as our highest scoring striker this season...

Eh, isn't the point that we need better?

I think Mitrovic and Ayoze will eventually be excellent players for us, would anyone want rid of them now? I wouldn't.

My point is, Gomis has scored as many goals as Ayoze. Of course we want better but to turn your nose up at the likes of Gomis, no wonder our fan base is often seen as delusional.

Who gives a fuck what anyone thinks when their barometer for 'delusional' is not wanting Gomis :lol: