Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sam would play him as a DM. I guarantee it.

This is my fear. And you just know he'd be awesome there, and we'll all be pissed off about it.

Sam has a history of this with both Abdoulaye Faye and Cheick Kouyate.

Allardyce's expectations from a central midfielder are a lot different to Rafa's. Fat Sam basically just needs a physical tackler in there whereas Rafa would want a technically accomplished player in that position. I like Mbemba as a defender, but he's had enough bad games for me to understand why we would be prepared to let him go.

Mbemba is technically accomplished

Sam would play him as a DM. I guarantee it.

This is my fear. And you just know he'd be awesome there, and we'll all be pissed off about it.

Sam has a history of this with both Abdoulaye Faye and Cheick Kouyate.

Allardyce's expectations from a central midfielder are a lot different to Rafa's. Fat Sam basically just needs a physical tackler in there whereas Rafa would want a technically accomplished player in that position. I like Mbemba as a defender, but he's had enough bad games for me to understand why we would be prepared to let him go.

Mbemba is technically accomplished

As a midfielder to premier league standards?

Graeme Bailey:

Newcastle's main target in recent weeks has been Townsend, and sources have confirmed to HITC Sport that Crystal Palace are ready to agree to a loan with a permanent deal in the summer.

:megusta:

Graeme Bailey:

Newcastle's main target in recent weeks has been Townsend, and sources have confirmed to HITC Sport that Crystal Palace are ready to agree to a loan with a permanent deal in the summer.

Nice - hope he's right although he's currently pissing off our fans on Twitter saying Cairney is better than Shelvey.

Let's pray he has/gets his shit together. Would suck if his decent form for us was some sort of fluke. Looking forward to his move away to West Ham in January, though.

I hope we're only loaning Mbemba with no obligation.

Graeme Bailey:

Nice - hope he's right although he's currently pissing off our fans on Twitter saying Cairney is better than Shelvey.

He didn't mention us in the Cairney tweet tbf, our fans reacted. He does push the "Shelvey is a massive racist" rhetoric though.

Graeme Bailey:

Looks like he's deleted that tweet and put one up with "talks are continuing"

Graeme Bailey:

He didn't tweet it, tis mentioned in this article :)

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/01/29/newcastle-move-for-james-mccarthy-denied/page/1/

Nobody knows anything so out of desperation they tweet mundane stuff, they may as well just tweet talks are continuing to send a man to mars.

Graeme Bailey:

He didn't tweet it, tis mentioned in this article :)

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/01/29/newcastle-move-for-james-mccarthy-denied/page/1/

👍

This gonna be a deadline day job with someone seeing him in Wetherby services at like 9:40pm?

edit: when's the last deadline day signing we had? Seems forever, they're always boring as fuck from a Newcastle perspective

after signing Schlupp, Van Aanolt and with Zaha back i can't see Townsend staying at Palace, he'll want to leave for first team football if he thinks hes going to be on bench and they will want to recoup some of the money they have splashed out in this window, even if its only say a £3m loan fee.