C*CK P*SS P*RDEW

themanupstairs

Guest firetotheworks

He said he didn't mind at the time.  I'm unsure of which of his conflicting comments to believe, so I'll just stick with not believing a word he says about anything.

He absolutely loved it, man. :lol: It sounds to me like he's angling for a return, when the Palace fans inevitably turn on him.

Seen the fuller interview with him where he said that the local media drove a wedge between him and the fans.  I don't think he needed any help with that.

The local media were with him for far longer than the fans, the man is a grade A liar.

'If you kept Pardew you would not have been relegated'

Well let's put this straight. Pardew is all about boom and bust football, he goes on boom spells, then goes on bust spells, let's not forget that he's very much a negative tactician (if you can call him tactician) as well. Over his time here is boom cycles were getting smaller, and his bust cycles getting bigger, and his league positioning was slipping further and further down. There is nothing to suggest that it would get better, all the evidence points to it getting worse.

Now the 2 point Imm going to make is the biggest one.

Rafa Benitez has shown in a short space of time that if we got a decent enough manager in (could arguably have signed up Benitez when Pardew left to arrive in the summer before Madrid came in for him, it was expected that he would have left Napoli at the end of the season). Anyway good results, improving performances and more team cohesion during his short space of time has indicated that instead of hanging on to a manager who wouldn't relegate is (very much debatable), we could have in fact had a manager who pushed us up the league. If Rafa's 10 games in charge wasn't enough evidence of that, then surely the appointments from Liecester and West Ham where they replaced managers who 'don't take teams down' and have pushed up, obviously in Liecesters case it worked beyond their wildest dreams, but surely they along are evidence to why teams should never settle for these types of manager and their myth of not taking teams down.

Note: I'm not making these points to you all, just making it in general.

Super Al after his annual thrashing at Southampton:

Palace boss Alan Pardew: "I thought our performance was good, actually. I think two shocking decisions gifted them two goals.

Wonder what their fans make of this :lol: