Newcastle United vs AFC Bournemouth Saturday 5th March 3pm (No TV)

joeyt

Victory by a slim margin.Just. But I'm not massivley confident.

Anything other than three points and it's curtains.

If things are going badly it will be interesting to see if the crowd really turn on McClaren. He has got off very, very lightly so far imo (largely by fluking the odd result, just like the away fixture agianst this lot.)

Their defence has really tightened up since we last played them. Only seven conceded in their last 8 away games compared to many more before that. Only 8 scored though in those last 8 away.

I didn't see the Stoke game, but it sounded so dire that I can't see us getting the result we need tomorrow against a team that plays with team spirit.

Think this match will depend largely on brolly-heid's team selection.  I know that's stating the obvious but what I mean is if he picks an "attack" minded team then the crowd will bear with the team for first half at least but go "defensive" and after 10 mins it could get ugly. 

Think this match will depend largely on brolly-heid's team selection.  I know that's stating the obvious but what I mean is if he picks an "attack" minded team then the crowd will bear with the team for first half at least but go "defensive" and after 10 mins it could get ugly. 

Really interested to see his selection. He was shit scared to lose on Wednesday night and, if the papers are to be believed, he should be shit scared to lose tomorrow too.

It's a bit disconcerting that the manager and players seem to think we played well the other night, think we'll make one change max. If it was me I'd make 3 or 4 changes with Saivet, Doumbia and Perez coming into the side and perhaps Townsend if he's fit. Gouffran starts again and I'll be bemused, given our options.