Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Spent the whole interview thinking 'This guy is our manager!!'. Unreal.

I know he's focussed on saving us but he didn't mention trophies :(

Doesn't bother me. It's such a massive cliché when it comes us, pointless even mentioning it.

But he's probably the first one since SBR who is capable of doing it!

Doesn't bother me. It's such a massive cliché when it comes us, pointless even mentioning it.

But he's probably the first one since SBR who is capable of doing it!

#wait

How much more inspiring is he than McClaren ffs? :lol:

Just because you know his calibre. As simple as that.

Totally.....still cannot believe he's our manager.  God bless this new TV deal or it never would have happened.

For what it's worth, I can't see him legging it if we go down, I think that's just a safety net in case things were so bad that his position became untenable and I think it's a safety net which suits both him and the club.

I've been smiling all day, telling people who haven't a clue what I'm talking about in my office about this. Texted my wife, my friends...I've posted on every fucking social media I have about this.  This has to go down as one of the best days supporting Newcastle United I've had in nearly 10 years. Insane. This club has put us through so fucking much, and yet, today, on the 11th of March - we fucking hired Rafa Benitez on a 3yr deal and he's on video talking about the project, us, the stature of this club...wow.

:indi: HTL, fucking hell bring it all on.

How much more inspiring is he than McClaren ffs? :lol:

Just because you know his calibre. As simple as that.

Totally.....still cannot believe he's our manager.  God bless this new TV deal or it never would have happened.

Hah likely very true. Desperate times call for the actually best possible measures available I suppose.

I'm pretty sure that if he manages to succeed at avoiding relegation, one of his main objectives next season will be winning either the league cup or the fa cup. He's solely focussing on the next 10 games, in fact only on the match at Leicester, as he should.

From Rawk:

Rafa vs Fat Sam in a Tyne Wear derby. That'll be good. Plus a return to Anfield. Rafa Benitez vs Jurgen Klopp.

Newcastle are in a terrible place. Its a league of 3 where the winner stays up and the rest get relegated. I wouldn't call it 3 nil down at half time to AC milan but its up there :p

What they need right now is a footballing manager. This isn't a time for arm round the shoulder. This is a time for listening to the managers plan and executing it to the exact standards. There's no better at doing that than Rafa.

What their fans need to do now is get behind him and show him the respect he deserves and he'll keep them up

My friends, family and colleagues have seemed genuinely surprised by how giddy I've been about all this news today. They're seemingly so used to how downbeat and negative I am about the club that they've been taken aback by my optimism and excitement. I'm sure the wife thinks I'm putting it on.

The biggest endorsement of Rafa is that to this day Liverpool fans still love him even though he didn't win the title. Winning the CL probably helped, but more than that, they became a feared team again under his watch.

Guest neesy111

My friends, family and colleagues have seemed genuinely surprised by how giddy I've been about all this news today. They're seemingly so used to how downbeat and negative I am about the club that they've been taken aback by my optimism and excitement. I'm sure the wife thinks I'm putting it on.

A few people at work noticed how happy I was talking about football today. :lol:

Let's face it, even two days ago we all thought this was impossible. He didn't say, "Let's do our best or see what happens"...He said, "Let's win that game"...Referring to Leicester. If anyone can pull this off it is Rafa. The 3/4 quality players we have will respond immediately because he knows how to make small adjustments to get the extra 10% and with the others the drills will help them over time become more solid.

Rafa Benitez. Wow!

I totally get this. I went from genuinely hoping the club folds as soon as possible to eagerly anticipating the match on Monday. Everyone who I usually talk to about nufc thinks I've gone mad.

I felt like I was drunk, like that kind of fun drunk after a few pints. It's quite amazing really.

I totally get this. I went from genuinely hoping the club folds as soon as possible to eagerly anticipating the match on Monday. Everyone who I usually talk to about nufc thinks I've gone mad.

:thup:

First time my colleagues have ever seen me excited about NUFC as well.

Got that legitimate fear of losing again, it's like the olden days. This really could be the start of something, and it very probably all goes to shit if we go down.

Already feel nervous about Monday night. Amazing the impact a little bit of ambition can have.