Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

In the Crows Nest after the match, Rafa came on the telly, everyone did the whole "shhhhhh" and listened in revered silence. Reminded me of when we used to do that with Keegan and Bobby.

Yep, I've talked about this before on here, specifically about Bobby. That's when you know the fans and the team are really together. Great stuff.

Same thing happened in Rosies.

Surely there's some sort of conflict of interest if a company he owns starts to pay for advertising rights to a football club he owns..?

Would assume that's the point of the arms length rate.  They'll probably have a third party assess what kind of money should be paid for that kind of service so that questions can't be raised about its legitimacy.

Surely there's some sort of conflict of interest if a company he owns starts to pay for advertising rights to a football club he owns..?

Don't think so.

He doesn't own SD outright as its a public traded company. The conflict is that NUFC don't get paid for the free massive amounts of advertising and Mr Ashley doesn't give a fuck.

I still can't get my head around him managing us, it's insane.

You must frequently forget about it then remember it all again, at your age Mick.

Carry on with that and you might never know what it's like to reach my age. :lol:

Like me, a lot of the Scousers seem to think that he'll stay regardless!

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=282654.4680

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the only reason he took the job here was because we have a similar fanbase to Liverpool in that this is unconditionally a football city. If he wants to be in England there are few other clubs that can provide the football idol worship along with a big club atmosphere. Keegan knew that.

Like me, a lot of the Scousers seem to think that he'll stay regardless!

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=282654.4680

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the only reason he took the job here was because we have a similar fanbase to Liverpool in that this is unconditionally a football city. If he wants to be in England there are few other clubs that can provide the football idol worship along with a big club atmosphere. Keegan knew that.

He took the job because he will have been offered an absolutely enormous bonus for keeping us up. I'm not saying he wouldn't have been tempted otherwise, but I think we're kidding ourselves if we're ignoring the standard PL dollar signs.

And I'm not saying there isn't the potential for him to become rightfully worshipped if we're ever successful under him. If there's a future for us in the Premier League and/or a future laden with real victory and recapturing the city's pride in the club, he will have orchestrated it.

I'm tearing my hair out at the prospect of saying 'if only we'd stayed up and kept Rafa...' for the rest of my life.