Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

We averaged 43k in our Championship season. It was still one of the highest attendances in Europe, but not aware of a record.

I think the Newcastle-boro match was some kind of record though.

http://www.nufc.com/html/2009-10html/homeatt.html

Totally forgot Marlon Harewood played for us. So random.

He was class too

Class?!

Khizanishvili and Fitz Hall were class.

He's the sort of bloke that will Google the opposition manager and coaches before a match just so he knows who he's shaking hands with and doesn't just walk up to the physio and kit man. I love him.

:hmm: Disrespectful to physios and kit men. I knew there'd be something to be pessimistic about.

Always felt this was likely but to actually be almost confirmed..... Jesus Christ :lol: :lol:

We're a bloody special club, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

It's fucking mad, defies any logic...relegated, sell out crowd, destroy Spurs. Might be keeping Rafa. WTF.

We're the only English club, and quite possibly the only club in the world, to have had an average attendance of over 50,000 for a season outside of the top flight... If this comes off we might just do it again.

?

We didn't even average over 50,000 this season.

Maybe not, but we have since we appointed Rafa.

One of the things that I keep hearing said by "experts" doubting Rafa's ability to manage in the Championship is that it is such a slog playing two games most weeks.

:rolleyes: :idiot2:

Why do they think it is so much more difficult than playing two games every week when you are playing in Europe each season.

Rafa likes to rotate the team anyway.  The next thing we will hear is that he doesn't have Championship experience

I've heard that already.

Just looking at our squad from our last championship season, and how people are often saying "aye, but we had the likes of Nolan and Barton then" - Barton had 8 starts for us.

Championship is dog shit anyway, assuming that we don't lose what little quality we do have it won't even be that hard.

We're the only English club, and quite possibly the only club in the world, to have had an average attendance of over 50,000 for a season outside of the top flight... If this comes off we might just do it again.

Think Napoli averaged 50k in Serie B a few seasons ago.

Seems unlikely given that they average under 40,000 in Serie A.

Not sure, I would suggest asking Mick, he was probably at most games that season.

No, I missed most of that season, I was still recovering from my war wound picked up in 1939.

Just an incredible set of circumstances seem to be coming together here, creating something positive out of all the bucket loads of shit these last years. It really is unbelievable.