Newcastle United vs Crystal Palace - Saturday 30th April 2016 @ 15:00 (No TV)

nemtizz

What an end to the season...........Pardew wins the FA cup with Palace and wins at St James Park to get Newcastle relegated.  I am dreading it.

I think if Pardew comes here and wins he won't get out of Newcastle alive

We've been on an upturn in form of late and we're so close to securing our safety, only for this absolute arse cake to possibly come back to haunt us and send us down. Reading this, I'm not sure why but my mind immediately went to the end of Carlito's Way :lol:

"Hey, remember me? Alan Pardew from the Sourf"  :pardsgrin:

What an end to the season...........Pardew wins the FA cup with Palace and wins at St James Park to get Newcastle relegated.  I am dreading it.

:lol: It'd be the absolute worst.

I'd take that.

Big concern about this game is our players fondness for giving away absolutely brainless free kicks near our box and Palace whenever I see them only seem to threaten from crosses and set-pieces. Nailed on to give away at least one from a corner or completely avoidable free-kick.

When was the last time we lost to Palace at SJP?

My 1st league game. :yao:

I was at that one as well. Atmosphere was poisonous as it was just after the story about Hall and Shepherd calling North East women dogs and all the rest of it.

I was at that one as well. Atmosphere was poisonous as it was just after the story about Hall and Shepherd calling North East women dogs and all the rest of it.

:lol: eh?

:lol: eh?

One of the red tops pretended to be arab investors and got the former owners to admit all sorts of unflattering stuff. Just look at his wiki page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freddy_Shepherd

I think there's a bit too much over confidence in this thread.

This will not be the easy home win people are suggesting.

They've been on a shit run but appear to have all of their players returning to fitness and on their day are a decent side as results earlier in the season suggest.

Don't forget they absolutely raped us at Selhurst.

Obviously we have a bit of momentum and the feel good factor of that and an up for it crowd with rafa leading the team will help, but it's no forgone conclusion.

Half the stadium will probably clap him off the field and ask him for a wave.

Rafa just has to remind the Palace players that they dont want to get injuries and miss out on a cup final  O0

:thup:

Get into them hard from the kick off, high pressure and intensity. Hopefully they'll bottle it.

We really need to stop giving ourselves a mountain to climb. Stop conceding early goals like against Southampton and Liverpool or goals near half time like against  Norwich and the mackems.

Didn't we concede early against Palace the last time they were here?

Aye, first minute :lol:

Pards had the genius idea of letting Anita mark Delaney on a freekick in the last minute which resulted in them getting an equaliser

Krul

Janmaat

Coloccini

Williamson

Haidara

Colback

Sissoko

Cabella

De Jong

Gouffran

Riviere

dat team

We really need to stop giving ourselves a mountain to climb. Stop conceding early goals like against Southampton and Liverpool or goals near half time like against  Norwich and the mackems.

Didn't we concede early against Palace the last time they were here?

Yes, after about 30 seconds and then also conceded an equaliser with about 30 seconds left as well.

Aye, first minute :lol:

Pards had the genius idea of letting Anita mark Delaney on a freekick in the last minute which resulted in them getting an equaliser

Krul

Janmaat

Coloccini

Williamson

Haidara

Colback

Sissoko

Cabella

De Jong

Gouffran

Riviere

dat team

Hopefully the fans don't cost us a win again like they did in that fixture.

Surely getting to a cup final gives a club a boost and feel good factor and the players will be trying to cement there place for the final and want to be in good form for the final. If they get knocked out then they are flat and there season over.

Sunderland and Boro have both been relegated when reaching a cup final.

Edit.  I think I'm wrong about Boro, it was Wigan.

Boro made 2 finals in a season and went down

A few events off there being a Newcastle-Middlesbrough charity shield that summer :lol: