Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Get 50m for them both and give it to Rafa. Last thing we need is this going on until the end of August.

If we do get that sort of money I wonder who in the fuck he's going to spend it on. I'm not fully confident that Rafa could convince players worth replacing them to drop a level. They obviously have their issues but would all but guarantee promotion if they were to stay.

No way should we use all of the £50m now if they both get sold. Buy a couple of decent players now, a couple of decent players in January and keep the rest for next season.

Agreed, we've already bought some cracking signings in as it is, and we could probably walk the championship with the squad we've got right now, even if we left Sissoko and Wijnaldum to rot in the reserves. We have absolutely no need to sell anyone unless we get market value. Rafa is absolutely bossing this.

“We are working hard behind the scenes to bring in more players.

“As I have said before we are close to some of them, hopefully we can do it.

“We have to be open to offers if somebody is interested.

“We don’t want to sell but if somebody comes (with an offer) we have to make sure we do the right things for the club.”

Dennis Wise tells me he's basically a left wing clone of Oba Martins

Aye, good comparison :lol: I remember him from Mitro's compilations.

Tbh, we lack flair and "unpredictability" in our attack. I'm sure Benitez will look to correct that. He knows that (if everything goes as it should) the majority of our games are likely to be against deeper, more compact defence lines. Whether it's by raw pace, supreme technical ability or genuine unpredictability, we need more creativity to break down teams that defend well.

No offence Shotime but no need to bring that **** up. We are on a positive roll and I had almost forgotten about him!

http://i1.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article4260137.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/Alan-Pardew.jpg

Stay humble, never forget where you have come from..

What's the latest on signing a defender? I'm so confident in Rafa but I still wont feel comfortable until we have a centre back signed. No way the two we have is enough for a prolonged championship campaign. I feel it's threadbare at the back, regardless of "others can shoehorn themselves into CB".

We have Lascelles, Mbemba and Dummett who are centre backs, so there is no rush from us. I'm confident Rafa will get one in, probably Hanley, before the season starts.

What's the latest on signing a defender? I'm so confident in Rafa but I still wont feel comfortable until we have a centre back signed. No way the two we have is enough for a prolonged championship campaign. I feel it's threadbare at the back, regardless of "others can shoehorn themselves into CB".

Agreed. Also, I harp on about it, but it's important in the (hopefully one) Championship season to build a defence that knows each other, works as a single unit and stays together in the Premiership.