Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We need more goals from midfield, last time we had Nolan, Guthrie, Raylor, Barton etc who could get the odd one. Richie's a great addition & Diame should add some. Hopefully aarons will step up, we're a bit stuck then though. De Jong perhaps, another would help.

Id be suprised if we went for another striker

we had nolan, the end.

pretty sure barton only got 1 that season (free kick i think?) and i'd back diame to outscore both guthrie and raylor, and ritchie to outscore them all.

lets not pretend we had plenty of goals from midfield last time, nolan aside, we really didn't.

35 goals from midfield is quite a lot like, Nolan got just under half of those.

totally agree on nolan, but ritchie could quite feesibly hit/surpass his figures.

the others mentioned, guthrie got 4, barton got 1, raylor got 4. Diame did that on his own for hull last season.

they were hardly prolific.

On one hand you're saying they weren't prolific, then saying we should ignore the one who was. As a unit they were, it doesn't matter so much where they come from individually, in fact it's better if they all get a few as it means we don't lose out so much when injuries hit.

Put it this way, I'll be absolutely f***ing astonished if we score 35 goals from midfield this season.

what we on atm? about 25?

• 2 weeks later...

We should try and sign Carrick in the summer. Good chance he'd be up for it.

He was virtually here last summer until the last minute! Imagine if we'd had him all season rather than Colback?! We'd be already up!

Hasn't he stated he wouldn't play for any other English team after man u ?

Hometown club but he has lost his legs and well past it.

My Man U supporting mate wants him in the starting XI for them every game. He'd absolutely do a job here for a season or two.

Hayden, Carrick, and Shelvey in that midfield three wouldn't be half bad.

I think unless Hayden becomes a Kante-like player next season that midfield would get overrun on an almost weekly basis. I like Carrick and wouldn't be opposed to him coming here for leadership/experience, but we desperately need some dynamic/athletic players in the middle.

Hayden, Carrick, and Shelvey in that midfield three wouldn't be half bad.

I think unless Hayden becomes a Kante-like player next season that midfield would get overrun on an almost weekly basis. I like Carrick and wouldn't be opposed to him coming here for leadership/experience, but we desperately need some dynamic/athletic players in the middle.

I agree. The centre of the midfield lacks any pace.

The only reason anyone is even contemplating getting 36 year old Carrick is that he's a Geordie. I'd rather we spent the money on a player with his best days ahead of him. Carrick himself has said he'll retire if he doesn't get a new contract at Man U and he can't see himself playing for another English club. That hardly screams "I'm a Geordie and I love the Toon, come and sign me up NUFC".

As others have said, how many players have left Man U then been poor when they're not surrounded by players of the quality Man U can have?

We've had more than our fair share of ex-Man United players that looked fine in their team and were fucking wank in ours. Would rather look to the future tbh.

Agree 100%. Generally Man U only release players who are on their way down. How many can you remember who went on to have outstanding careers after leaving?

We've had more than our fair share of ex-Man United players that looked fine in their team and were fucking wank in ours. Would rather look to the future tbh.

Agree 100%. Generally Man U only release players who are on their way down. How many can you remember who went on to have outstanding careers after leaving?

There aren't many.

Pique

Stam

Rossi

Ronaldo

Pogba

And a few others who've done ok. Fletcher, Phil Neville.

We've had more than our fair share of ex-Man United players that looked fine in their team and were f***ing w*** in ours. Would rather look to the future tbh.

There aren't many.

Pique

Stam

Rossi

Ronaldo

Pogba

And a few others who've done ok. Fletcher, Phil Neville.

Forlan.

We've had more than our fair share of ex-Man United players that looked fine in their team and were f***ing w*** in ours. Would rather look to the future tbh.

Remains to be seen if this is still valid post SAF. Mourinho will certainly cast aside promising youngsters.