Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My understanding is if Hanley goes - this joining Riviere and De Jong - it will free up something approaching £120,000-a-week from a wage budget which has expanded in the last year. That gives NUFC some freedom to bring in an extra player - so let’s see what happens now....

Eh? £120k a week and we can bring in one player?

Would be amazed if we spent anywhere near that amount on one player, you'd expect we could bring in two or three with that. No chance we offer players anywhere near that.

My understanding is if Hanley goes - this joining Riviere and De Jong - it will free up something approaching £120,000-a-week from a wage budget which has expanded in the last year. That gives NUFC some freedom to bring in an extra player - so let’s see what happens now....

Would be amazed if we spent anywhere near that amount on one player, you'd expect we could bring in two or three with that. No chance we offer players anywhere near that.

Calm yourself already. Some of that needs to go to the actual price of the player you know.

We already brought in 6, that'll have bumped the wage budget up already. Probably needing to sell these players to balance out what we've already brought in

From Douglas:

A lot of people asking whether NUFC will do any business at all before Thursday’s deadline. Well the simple answer is it depends entirely on whether Newcastle can shift players out - and that’s because Newcastle’s wage budget is (from the club hierarchy’s perspective) too stretched.

Talks back in the summer focused on how much Benitez would have at his disposal and it’s understood that a budget was spoken about over two seasons. Transfer fees were just one part of the budget discussed - the more important factor this summer has been wages. United haven’t been offering the same sort of wages as their Premier League rivals, which is one of the reasons why they’re not in the market for the sort of players we expected them to be.

It’s also another reason why outgoings are so key: NUFC have a lot of players picking up big wages without doing much at the moment.

One whole extra player. I feel so spoiled.

From Douglas:

A lot of people asking whether NUFC will do any business at all before Thursday’s deadline. Well the simple answer is it depends entirely on whether Newcastle can shift players out - and that’s because Newcastle’s wage budget is (from the club hierarchy’s perspective) too stretched.

Talks back in the summer focused on how much Benitez would have at his disposal and it’s understood that a budget was spoken about over two seasons. Transfer fees were just one part of the budget discussed - the more important factor this summer has been wages. United haven’t been offering the same sort of wages as their Premier League rivals, which is one of the reasons why they’re not in the market for the sort of players we expected them to be.

It’s also another reason why outgoings are so key: NUFC have a lot of players picking up big wages without doing much at the moment.

One whole extra player. I feel so spoiled.

What one player are we bringing in for 120k a week lmao.

Assuming if they thought it was too stretched we will only get 60k of that 120 back for a signing.

Depends what our wage ceiling is. I'd guess about 70k/week so that would get us one pretty decent player and one average.