Dwight Gayle (now playing for Derby County)

astraguy

How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?  

656 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?

• Delighted
    • Happy
    • Mixed emotions
    • Unhappy
    • The club is a joke

For us (when clearly not fit during the time he played after Brentford away last season and at the start of this season);

A goal every 93 mins in the Championship

A goal every 216 mins in the Premier League

Surprisingly poor after the weekend's game. Maybe he needs Joselu up with him.

Mohammed Diame.

I think Diame was brought in to shore us up defensively because we've conceded a lot of goals with the 442. It worked, but then Darlow handed them a goal from nowhere.

• 2 weeks later...

Looked decent in the highlights but could see the reaction if Joselu had hit the bar from 7 yards and blazed another good chance high and wide.

Watched the whole game and I thought Gayle and Joselu were poor tbh

We need a couple of CFs

There was an instance in the 2nd half were we put 3/4 really decent balls into the box and neither made any effort to get to the cross

Guest neesy111

Looked decent in the highlights but could see the reaction if Joselu had hit the bar from 7 yards and blazed another good chance high and wide.

Watched the whole game and I thought Gayle and Joselu were poor tbh

We need a couple of CFs

There was an instance in the 2nd half were we put 3/4 really decent balls into the box and neither made any effort to get to the cross

Can't judge the strikers performance from that one instance.  Motd showed loads of times them trying to get into the box.

Gayle has scored 26 goals for us, in 45 games, (according to wiki) and therefore has a well established reputation in our minds. Joselu was given a lot of credit in his first game, for getting into 3 goalscoring positions. He has since begun to develop an unfortunate reputation as a shoit finisher.

Josleu is now developing a reputation for other positive things now, and I can see him getting a bit more respite going forward.

His movement is usually decent. West Ham pushed up a lot higher once be went off and they didn’t respect Perez at all. Obviously we naturally sat a bit deeper, as well. But I don’t think it is a coincidence that we look a lot more threatening with him in the side.

We still need to get a new striker. But for ‘winnable’ games this season. He is probably our best option, currently.

His hold up ability has been surprisingly good I think, what has been lacking is his usually composed finishes. Some really poor efforts from him yesterday leaning back when a touch of a composure would have seen him with a brace. We still look more dangerous with him on the pitch though, so until we get that much needed better striker, Gayle/Joselu is probably what it will be.

Guest Howaythetoon

His hold up play has surprised me this season, he’s actually not too bad in that expect. I think the way we played away to West Ham, he would get a decent number of goals.