Isaac Hayden: on loan at QPR

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/16376803.isaac-hayden-explains-why-he-submitted-a-transfer-request-at-newcastle-and-pleads-to-be-allowed-to-leave/

Hayden submitted a transfer request at the start of the summer, citing ‘exceptional family reasons’ as his motivation for seeking a move away from Tyneside just two years after he joined the Magpies from Arsenal.

Hayden’s partner recently gave birth to a daughter, and it is understood that complications have forced her to relocate to the South-West with the pair’s child.

“It’s a decision I didn’t come to very easily, but it was a decision I had to make,” he said. “Football’s obviously important to me, but family’s a completely different ball game and, for me, family takes precedence over football.

“I didn’t want to have to make the decision I made, but I felt there was no other alternative. I spoke with the club about it at the start of the off-season so they had plenty of time to be aware of it, but things haven’t materialised how I hoped they’d materialise.

Sounds an entirely reasonable reason, hope his kid is ok.

Aye, I remember Gavin Peacock going to Chelsea in the summer of 1993 for similar reasons.  Absolutely no ill feeling towards Hayden.

Yes it is, and we should have no problem letting him leave as long as a club gives us his full value and doesn't try to take him on the cheap.

Was ready to slate him for making up the homesick stuff but if there's something wrong with his kid, that's fair enough.

I'm certain that Rafa will let him go, regardless of getting a quality replacement. I hope we can get someone in to take his spot.

I think he mentioned in an interview for NUFCTV last season that his kid was born very prematurely. I hope to god that the little one is okay.

Hayden seems like a very nice, professional lad. Even if we can't sell him, the club must help him in any way possible.

I think he mentioned in an interview for NUFCTV last season that his kid was born very prematurely. I hope to god that the little one is okay.

Hayden seems like a very nice, professional lad. Even if we can't sell him, the club must help him in any way possible.

Cos that's how we roll!

1DKmu4j.gif

That report couple of years back where he suggested he would avoid going back to his place because Rafa might be waiting to talk tactics, anyone remember?

Suspected then that wasn't the right attitude, if I was a keen footballer wanting to succeed the chance to listen to Rafa would seem like a gift from heaven to me like.

:lol: I like the idea of Rafa breaking into his flat, sitting on the sofa in the dark waiting to ambush him about tactics

That report couple of years back where he suggested he would avoid going back to his place because Rafa might be waiting to talk tactics, anyone remember?

Suspected then that wasn't the right attitude, if I was a keen footballer wanting to succeed the chance to listen to Rafa would seem like a gift from heaven to me like.

:lol: I like the idea of Rafa breaking into his flat, sitting on the sofa in the dark waiting to ambush him about tactics

Recurring nightmares where he walks into his study at night, Rafa's silhouette greets him as only a desk-lamp is turned on behind him.

"Isaac, I like what you're doing, but we need to talk. There's some things you can improve on.. improve on.. improve on.. improve on.."

Wakes up screaming :lol:

Can we not loan him out for the season to a club down there and see what the situation with his bairn is like next year?

:lol: you'd think so, this club loves a loan. We probably don't want to cover his kid's medical expenses.

Wouldn't blame him if he wanted something more permanent himself tbf. If I had personal reasons for moving I don't think I'd want the thought of another move in a year's time looming while I'm trying to sort stuff.

Crazy how many footballers have a children in their early 20s. Waste of a great lifestyle

But if they have all the money in the world, the 'challenges' in front of them wouldn't be the same as 'nomal' peoples'.

Plus, they're human too, you know.

Yes it is, and we should have no problem letting him leave as long as a club gives us his full value and doesn't try to take him on the cheap.

Yep, not suggesting otherwise.

Sure, the money means having a kid is less of an issue compared to others. Still, not sure why anyone, rich or otherwise, would want a kid that young.

Your career could always end in the blink of an eye. Wouldn't be surprised if that thought plays into the mind of some - not all - players, especially those playing 30-40 years ago.