Mo Diamé to be released

BeloEmre

Love this guy. How many times are we going to be in awe at this turnaround? :aww: Worth every penny of the £15m spent.

Loved the moment after he got crowded out and lost the ball in our own half, Lascelles was right there to reassure him when he apologised.

:lol:  Less then 20 pages back.

Hate him with a burning visceral passion.

Yep. He's fucking tragic this cunt. Lumbering sack of shite that he is.

One of the worst players we've had in years.

Been done with him for a long time now. Not really sure why he was given a squad number. Should have gone the way of Colback.

Wish Rafa would send him to wherever he's banished Colback.

He is what he is at this stage. His pace and drive went years ago.

He was absolutely horseshit tonight. Total fucking clown on and off the ball, as he has been for most of his time here. Legs have gone and should not have been taking up a squad place in the top flight.

People love just blaming the same people all the time, regardless of performance

He makes mistake after mistake man, clumsy as out, not switched on enough and not a confident passer. Can't afford to play him with such fine margins this season - not when we have 3 much, much better options.

Been done with him for a long time now. Not really sure why he was given a squad number. Should have gone the way of Colback.

He was absolutely horseshit tonight. Total fucking clown on and off the ball, as he has been for most of his time here. Legs have gone and should not have been taking up a squad place in the top flight.

People love just blaming the same people all the time, regardless of performance

He makes mistake after mistake man, clumsy as out, not switched on enough and not a confident passer. Can't afford to play him with such fine margins this season - not when we have 3 much, much better options.

To be fair Lascelles punch has awoken something, as he was utter shite for a while which he admitted himself.

I know he's more than this but his turn around into a tackling breaking up the play CM has been amazing.

To be fair Lascelles punch has awoken something, as he was utter shite for a while which he admitted himself.

I know he's more than this but his turn around into a tackling breaking up the play CM has been amazing.

He was completely gash like :lol:.

Some serious history re-writing going on in this place with respect to both Mo and Shelvey.

Great that they're in top form but let's not pretend that's always been the case :lol:.

Don't think anyone has said different? I don't think there was a single Newcastle fan who thought Mo Diame had any chance of turning his form around, it's just makes his transformation funnier looking back at how universally hated he was.

Shelvey is different, anyone who wrote him off was mental imo. He's far too good on the ball.

I will admit looking a bit stupid with Shelvey, while I didn't doubt his ability I did doubt his consistency. He has been excellent this half the season, and I was mistaken to kinda want us to look for a replacement (although never thought that would happen anyway).

I still have that little doubt a bit about him though, it's not so much game to game inconsistency but he does, and has for us more than once gone on long stretches where he has not quite performed. I am now rather happy to admit that maybe it was as much the rest of the team as him (but we do play as a team so much better when he is 'on it' than when he isn't) that was causing his issues. I am also happy to be proved that he can sit in that deeper midfield role and be better than he can be I think in no 10. I thought earlier that we'd probably end up with Hayden and Merino as holding midfielder with Shelvey best relieved of defensive duties in the no 10 role. I was wrong.

I think Merino while obviously has disappointed since that start will come good, Rafa will work his magic on him and he will be strong midfield competition next season. If he's not, well I trust Rafa's judgement and very happy to keep Shelvey and be proven wrong on him being a bit of a luxury.

I also didn't see Diame being good let alone this good. I have had a mare this season lol

Incredible turnaround from him. How has this happened :)

He got a personal trainer who has conditioned him well.  He is much, much fitter and stronger

Yep this was pointed out in the commentary today how he felt he needed to do something about his fitness to regain his early career form.

Guest firetotheworks

Don't think anyone has said different? I don't think there was a single Newcastle fan who thought Mo Diame had any chance of turning his form around, it's just makes his transformation funnier looking back at how universally hated he was.

Shelvey is different, anyone who wrote him off was mental imo. He's far too good on the ball.

I spent a lot of time on here defending Diame, like.

:lol:

Guest firetotheworks

[emoji38]

I'm not trying to pat myself on the back or owt, [emoji38] my only real point was always that as poor as he was, he was still a better option than Perez in the #10 position at the time. I was only really saying to point out that he wasn't universally hated.