Newcastle United promoted back to the Premier League

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Championship top 6s since our last season here of 2009-10.

2009/10

http://i.imgur.com/VROQBfB.png

2010/11

http://i.imgur.com/JtqrsvN.png

2011/12

http://i.imgur.com/8LqDxmp.png

2012/13

http://i.imgur.com/47mqfb3.png

2013/14

http://i.imgur.com/2NYxvYq.png

2014/15

http://i.imgur.com/GyzRrWi.png

2015/16

http://i.imgur.com/xgukSK1.png

Still really confident, tbh. We're the best side in the division, IMO, and have had a relatively tough start. The first 6 games always throws up some surprises too. There's still some way for this team to go but they're only going to get better. Fancy us to be top by the end of October and we'll stay there for the rest of the season.

starting to worry not signing a better striker is going to cost us in the long run, mitro won't get enough pitch time to make an impact and gayle doesn't look the answer to me

agreed, just got a feeling will will do this sort of s***, end up in the play offs and s*** ourselves.  oh well..

I was think the exact same thing on my drive home from the kids swimming this morning. We should have loaned a PL reserve like Bristol City did if we couldn't find one. Surely Rafa will see this as an issue though. The good thing is although we've not won the last two games we've controlled them, just not good enough in front of goal and shooting ourselves in the foot.

He has to think about playing 2 up front more often, I'm not convinced at all about Diame. No coincidence that our best result of the season came playing with two strikers.

needs to buy a quality striker in jan, do an Andy Cole.

Aye, unless something clicks incredibly between now and January we need to splash on a really fucking good striker

From what i've noticed in this league is that there are some half decent teams and some real poor teams and looking at our fixtures upto now we have had a run of playing the half decent teams, compared to Norwich who have had the far easier fixtures upto now. So after wednesdays game we should hopefully be able to put another good run together. I'm not worried at the moment at all but if were 7 points or more from the top by christmas then i will be, but i think we will be top 2 or clear at the top. The 6-0 at QPR actually hurt us as it made us over confident.

From what i've noticed in this league is that there are some half decent teams and some real poor teams and looking at our fixtures upto now we have had a run of playing the half decent teams, compared to Norwich who have had the far easier fixtures upto now. So after wednesdays game we should hopefully be able to put another good run together. I'm not worried at the moment at all but if were 7 points or more from the top by christmas then i will be, but i think we will be top 2 or clear at the top. The 6-0 at QPR actually hurt us as it made us over confident.

Or alternatively showed what may well be an indication of the standard of those poor teams you mention?

Mind, this is quite funny given everyone thought we'd piss it.  :lol:

That was when Rafa was just appointed and we still had Townsend, Sissoko and Wijnaldum. Since then we've replaced them with decent enough players but not really the same pedigree so it's not quite the same thing. I still think we'll win the division, but what we've got now is a good deep championship squad.

Spoke to my Norwich mate yesterday and he said apart from Forest away they've had some relatively easy fixtures. As long we keep the momentum, a dip in form is a few times in a season is still normally good enough for automatic promotion most seasons.

That was when Rafa was just appointed and we still had Townsend, Sissoko and Wijnaldum. Since then we've replaced them with decent enough players but not really the same pedigree so it's not quite the same thing. I still think we'll win the division, but what we've got now is a good deep championship squad.

Aye, I think we'll be top by Christmas with the run in we have and when fatigue and suspensions starts affecting other squads we'll still have a deep squad to choose from and that will stand us in good stead. Games like yesterday are frustrating and dent your resolve but looking at the bigger picture we're still looking strong, we'll be fine.

Aye, I think we'll be top by Christmas with the run in we have and when fatigue and suspensions starts affecting other squads we'll still have a deep squad to choose from and that will stand us in good stead. Games like yesterday are frustrating and dent your resolve but looking at the bigger picture we're still looking strong, we'll be fine.

Agree, we'll be top by Christmas, probably by November tbh, and once we are top I'd bet we'll stay there for the rest of the season.

Nearly a fifth of the season gone, second top in goals scored and fewest conceded, and easily best goal difference. That's having played three of the top four, which will be all of them after our next game. Best away form in the league too, which is much harder to get right than home form. We're not walking it as the hype was, but things still bode well.

In the past tables above, Hull got automatic promotion in 2012 despite losing 15 games, virtually one in three.

A couple of seasons ago, Steve McClaren's Derby were looking great at the top of the league only to fall apart after Christmas.

So much can happen yet. Far to early to be certain about what's going to happen.

As I'm sure Rafa is saying to the players, there's absolutely no need to start panicking.

We`ve the best players, best manager, best facilities & biggest fanbase.

Its all to do with bottle. Imo we bottled it Saturday having not put a poor Villa side to the sword. Having said that, I` think we will just improve as the season goes on dishing out a few bummings here & there punctuated by the odd let down.

I`m an eight going on nine