Daryl Murphy

nemtizz

Lazaar being hailed as a class signing, despite never playing in English football and being judged by some YouTube videos.

Yet this chap gets a hard ride.

Only time will tell how Murphy does for us, we've signed 9 players so far - will be up to 11 with these two through the door. Chances are some of them will be duds, not every signing will come off. I see Murray as a relatively low risk signing, he could be a total flop but we already have enough good options up front that it probably wont matter.

I'm genuinely really happy with this signing.  If things don't work out with Mitro, we have a guy who is proven to score goals and play well in this division.  Some people need to look deeper than the surface.

I wonder how far down the rafa list we are right now though... And how much we really tried to pick up those who were further up on the list.

Looking for problems that aren't there, imo. Enjoy it, man. We don't get many seasons where we can just trust the manager and enjoy whatever success that brings.

Will do for backup, Rafa obviously has faith in Gayle and Mitro

:thup:

People seem to have forgotten what a good signing Gayle is for a club in this division, plus we have Mitrovic and Perez as well who are both young and have Premier League quality and are likely to grow this season as confidence devlops. We need cover, not some sort of star player. Left wing, left back (being sorted) and central midfield would be my priorities for added quality.

Anyone think Rafa might be trying to keep some funds in the bank for if we're promoted and can attract a better class of player?

Are we about even on transfers in terms of money in and out. I've totally lost track now.

He's not going to start many games but at least provides some competition for Mitrovic and Gayle and takes the pressure off when the games come thick and fast and not doubt injuries mount up. He's seasoned in the championship and knows how to rough it up. No problem with the signing really and clearly Benitez feels he's beneficial otherwise he wouldn't sign him. Assuming he contributes to our promotion the money involved in the transfer will be almost insignificant.