Brighton & Hove Albion vs Newcastle United - Tue 28th Feb @ 7.45pm (live on Sky)

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wish I could relax about this. Mind their fans seem very, very confident which reminds me of how Leeds fans were going on back in November. Obviously Brighton are better than Leeds but just hope there is a combination of them bottling it and our players stepping up like we have in the (majority) of big games since Rafa came in.

If you read their forum their fans are massively confident. I would be looking forward to the game if Gayle was fully fit. Mitrovic is fucking awful in every sense of the word. Got no faith in Darlow either, his mistakes have cost us 6 points and made Selz' mistakes look like nothing. Only downside is the alternatives are poor.

Guest firetotheworks

I can't see anything other than a Brighton win. They've beaten us regularly down there, they're in better form, play better football. We don't have a fully fit Gayle, our defence isn't playing well, our form isn't great. But then again, football.

I just can't see us starting the game as poorly v Brighton as we have in the first halves v Villa, Bristol and QPR and that can only be down to complacency at home playing against apparent lesser teams.

Brighton aren't as bullet proof as people on here have made them sound. We're not going to be trying to keep the ball with pointless possession like Reading did inviting them into their pressing game. I'm weirdly confident we'll get a win or worst case scenario I think we're more than capable of getting a draw. There really isn't a great difference between the two sides though.

I'd start Murphy simply because of his goal record at their stadium. Football is weird like that.

0-2

Murphy

Clark

Absolute scenes on the forum. Nee bed wetters in sight.

I can't see anything other than a Brighton win. They've beaten us regularly down there, they're in better form, play better football. We don't have a fully fit Gayle, our defence isn't playing well, our form isn't great. But then again, football.

Elliot is the only player left at the club from the 2012 game, he and Anita are the only ones from the 2013 game. I don't think it'll make much difference.

From what little I've seen of Brighton I think their normal style will play into Rafa's hands. He'll prefer this situation to one were we have to get at a weaker side at home.

Chris Hughton is a deep thinker and it will be unsettling him, he may have to change from his usual style but he's clever and will come up with something.

Very difficult to predict, I just hope the referee doesn't become the main talking point.

Beaten us regularly? :lol: Twice in cup games years ago when we were a completely different team that didn't even want to compete in the cups. I'd say those games are irrelevant for tonights game. Rest of your post is fair enough, but don't think you should discard Rafa, our away form this season and that we tend to play better against better opposition.

How so many are saying that they "can't see anything but Brighton win (or draw in some cases)" is beyond me to be honest. Not saying it'll be an easy game, we'll have to cut out a lot of the shite we've seen recently, but we're more than capable of beating them.

Guest neesy111

Knockheart V Dummett

Let that sink in.

Wasn't that the talk before the game up here and he was kept fairly quiet?

Yeap, he was terrible that day.  Knockheart that is.