Brighton & Hove Albion 1-2 Newcastle United - post match jubilation from p54

Greg

f*** me. away to the league leaders with the best defense and home record. we're hardly gonna go for it from the off. was fine, dodgy pen decision aside.

:lol:

They've only had the best defence since Saturday, before that we had the best defence.

Think they had only conceded 9 goals at home before tonight mind, that's canny impressive.

f*** me. away to the league leaders with the best defense and home record. we're hardly gonna go for it from the off. was fine, dodgy pen decision aside.

They've only had the best defence since Saturday, before that we had the best defence.

whats so LOL about it. statement still stands.

Best team, bar Sheff Wed, by a mile I've seen us play this season.

Didn't think they looked that great mind. Baldock and Knockaert were dangerous and I thought Murphy had quite a good game on the left but Stephens, Sidwell and the two centre-backs were really poor in possession, particularly second half. As soon as Diame moved back into Colback's position, we dominated.

Arguable. Thought Stephens was ok as was Dunk. At full intensity (until they scored) we couldn't handle it though which is not usual for us as normally we can hold out.

Definitely agree with the last point. Interesting to see if he drops Colback for Huddersfield, too games running it's made a notable difference.

I didn't think Brighton played well at all, most of their threat was us trying our best to commit suicide.

They looked a cut above anything in this league until they scored. Second half they were gasping for us to win.

Utterly shite from them, Huddersfield will be more of a test.

I didn't think Brighton played well at all, most of their threat was us trying our best to commit suicide.

They looked a cut above anything in this league until they scored. Second half they were gasping for us to win.

If you mean they have the potential to be brilliant, I agree. But not tonight IMO, I've seen a few opposition teams play quite a lot better against us.

If you mean they have the potential to be brilliant, I agree. But not tonight IMO, I've seen a few opposition teams play quite a lot better against us.

Who? Wednesday aside.

Who? Wednesday aside.

I knew somebody would ask that, I can't remember the teams. But I've definitely felt under threat a lot more than I did tonight. I don't think Brighton played particularly well at all, surprised anyone does.

If I were a Brighton fan I'd be concerned now tbh

Yeah. They could easily start to get bad memories of years gone by and let it get to them.

To make matters worse their next couple of games are against teams in and around the relegation zone and they will be fighting for their lives and it's at this stage where those games become tricky. Ok one of those games is against Rotherham who are all but down, but the pressure will be off them and all on Brighton.

Who? Wednesday aside.

I knew somebody would ask that, I can't remember the teams. But I've definitely felt under threat a lot more than I did tonight. I don't think Brighton played particularly well at all, surprised anyone does.

First 25 they were the best team we've played by a mile IMO. Obivous they wouldn't keep it up but I can very much see why they're pushing us. They're a very well drilled team. Simple football done well, same as us under Hughts.

Reminded me of Everton v Liverpool last season. They were running around like lunatics for the first 45 minutes but of course it's impossible to do that for 90 minutes and unless you're 3 or 4 up after that you'll struggle 2nd half. I said at half time they'd blown themselves out and we'd get at least a draw out of it. When we did score I fancied us to win it. Very tactically inept performance from them I felt.

4 or 5 times I've seen Brighton this season and I'm yet to be impressed.

Who? Wednesday aside.

I'm not sure where Brighton have been better than us this season. In the first game we were the better team from the start. Today Brighton were the better team for the first 15 minutes, the rest of the 1st half was all us. In the 2nd half we were pretty much the same, no one had the better of the game though I think we had the ball more, that was until the final 10 minutes where we were the better team, especially after our equaliser where we were the only team who looked like winning it.

And?

Tense game to watch, almost had a derby like feel to it.

The difference those last ten minutes, and turning defeat into victory, will have made to the general mood and confidence going forward will be immense and it will probably have the opposite affect on Brighton.