Brighton & Hove Albion 1-2 Newcastle United - post match jubilation from p54

Greg

Guest neesy111

It's a good thing the forum doesn't use AWS. Would've been the worst possible time

Blimey, AWS down?

was earlier. back up now. S3 in both us-east and us-west at least were fucking flaming garbage piles.

Good job I trust Micro$hite.

I don't retract my pessimism pre-game, like. After seeing us play dismally at Wolves and get a s*** result against Bristol, I thought Brighton would have us and it looked that way after 15 minutes. I've been pretty balanced all season but feared it was slipping away, in spite of the unbeaten run since New Year.

Doesn't take away from my immense joy at a hugely deserved comeback. HTL.

I think that is going to be our style now, win ugly.

Tonight wasn't winning ugly, if we'd had a clinical finisher we'd have won it by half time.  Most of our players weren't as bad as this thread makes them look.

And that clinical finisher will be back at the weekend...

It's a good thing the forum doesn't use AWS. Would've been the worst possible time

Blimey, AWS down?

Parts of it, some smaller sites are completely down. Amazon and other bigger ones are just sluggish or not loading. Been like this for almost five hours.

I thought Brighton started really well but were very sloppy. Hope Hughton has a word with his diving striker too.

I don't understand Brighton. They were pressing high and killing us in doing so. After their goal they retreated and totally invited us back into the game.

Either way, fuck it. Lost twice to Blackburn Rovers but we've beaten the best side in the league twice. Difficult to decipher what that implies for next season.

Brighton are clearly a good side like. Excellent in posession, always looking for the clever ball to open up space. Can see why they're too much for most of the league.

Aye, I thought they looked really good in spells. They just bottled it, and we played well. Got nervous and sloppy in possession and didn't really know how to manage the game, especially once Diame's fluker went in.

They really did bottle it like. They were dominating with about ten minutes left. The amount of poor touches and bad passes under no pressure they had in the last ten minutes was amazing and we capatalised on it perfectly

Could be tiredness tbf, we did make it a tough game for them. Also both managers were put in a fairly strange situation at 1-1, doesn't feel like an equaliser happens with 10 minutes to go in a game against the top 2 too often. Would say Benitez's experience might have won the game for us a bit at that point, Brighton didn't really seem to know whether to really go for it or be happy with a point.

Brighton are clearly a good side like. Excellent in posession, always looking for the clever ball to open up space. Can see why they're too much for most of the league.

Aye, I thought they looked really good in spells. They just bottled it, and we played well. Got nervous and sloppy in possession and didn't really know how to manage the game, especially once Diame's fluker went in.

They really did bottle it like. They were dominating with about ten minutes left. The amount of poor touches and bad passes under no pressure they had in the last ten minutes was amazing and we capatalised on it perfectly

Could be tiredness tbf, we did make it a tough game for them. Also both managers were put in a fairly strange situation at 1-1, doesn't feel like an equaliser happens with 10 minutes to go in a game against the top 2 too often. Would say Benitez's experience might have won the game for us a bit at that point, Brighton didn't really seem to know whether to really go for it or be happy with a point.

I think Benitez used his instincts well. The equaliser was a real blow to the opposition, and it felt like we could go in for the kill.

Are we the worst team to ever get promoted?

Be nice if Rafa went on the front foot from the off.

No, not even close.

We must be? Were fucking awful to watch. He played that for a 0-0 tonight.

19 shots, playing for a 0-0, nice work

All 19 after going 1-0 down i's suggest.

Are we the worst team to ever get promoted?

Be nice if Rafa went on the front foot from the off.

No, not even close.

We must be? Were fucking awful to watch. He played that for a 0-0 tonight.

19 shots, playing for a 0-0, nice work

All 19 after going 1-0 down i's suggest.

We went one down after 14 minutes, when they came out the traps quickly, how is that enough time to definitively say we were going for a 0-0? :lol:

We were good tonight, like. After a poor start we took control and eventually got our way back into it.

At the end of the day, we had more shots, more possession and their only goal was a debatable penalty.

A bit of a stretch to say we were good like. We have been playing pretty bad football, but we've stuck at it and that counts for a lot at this stage of the season.

I thought Brighton started really well but were very sloppy. Hope Hughton has a word with his diving striker too.

I don't understand Brighton. They were pressing high and killing us in doing so. After their goal they retreated and totally invited us back into the game.

Either way, f*** it. Lost twice to Blackburn Rovers but we've beaten the best side in the league twice. Difficult to decipher what that implies for next season.

Get rid of Darlow, Lascelles, Colback and sign a second striker who isn't shite and we have a chance. Otherwise...  :frantic:

f*** me. away to the league leaders with the best defense and home record. we're hardly gonna go for it from the off. was fine, dodgy pen decision aside.

:lol:

They've only had the best defence since Saturday, before that we had the best defence.