The other games today 2017/18

Greg

Thought it looked harsh as well, but that's a clear red in the replays. Studs up in the goalkeepers face.

Gerraway  :lol:

Ball is there to be won. Had to go for it. Game has completely gone to the durgs

If it was at ankle height would you say the same thing? Both feet off ground, studs up, out of control.

Thought it looked harsh as well, but that's a clear red in the replays. Studs up in the goalkeepers face.

He's looking at the ball all the way, never a red, just a challenge for the ball

You cant come to challenge studs first and kick a gk to head man..

At that point he's an outfield player running out the box to charge the ball, Mane may have thought the ball was clear to win. We may as well play head height rules if he's not allowed to raise his foot there like

I'm split on the red. Instinctive reaction was it was a clear 50/50 and Mane has to be allowed to try and win it. Eyes on the ball, yellow card for the high boot. But then again it's pretty clearly dangerous play under the laws of the game.

Meh.

Gerraway  :lol:

Ball is there to be won. Had to go for it. Game has completely gone to the durgs

Even if he wins the ball and misses the GK, thats a foul.

In the planet soft c*** rulebook, aye.

Don't see what Mane could have done tbh. Yellow, fair enough, never in a million years a red.

99% of red cards normally aren't someone going out to do the other player harm but they're still reds.

I'm clearly a big soft cock like because I'd be furious if that happened against us and the player got a yellow. You can't go full pelt, studs up, head height and say you're in control of the challenge.

It's unlucky, there is no malice but don't think that matters really.

He's looking at the ball all the way, never a red, just a challenge for the ball

You cant come to challenge studs first and kick a gk to head man..

At that point he's an outfield player running out the box to charge the ball, Mane may have thought the ball was clear to win. We may as well play head height rules if he's not allowed to raise his foot there like

You can raise your boot to head height, just not at full pace with both feet off the ground and ploughing through the opposition player completely missing the ball. It is extremely reckless.

Can't agree that's a red, awful clatter but he's got to be allowed to go for the ball. You can't not challenge just because someone else might be there. If he had tried to pull out he'd have been cleaned out himself. These things happen in a contact  sport.

One of the easiest reds you'll see this season. No idea how people can question it. You don't challenge for a ball at that height with your studs.

Have yo ever played the sport? Of course you do in that situation.

The injury shouldn't have any bearing on the decision, unfortunate coming togethers like that happen.

Red for me, not that its not harsh, no malice in the challenge and of course you want players to challenge for that. But sorry high flying kick to the head can have very serious medical repercussions so it's difficult for me to think that should be considered a fair challenge. Of course the issue is with consistency of the high boot rule being replied. Scorpion kicks and the like technically should then be outlawed but that quickly gets ridiculous. I don't however think we can ignore boots and heads flying towards each other. Of course accidents can happen particularly if the player is falling and the head is in an unnatural position, but to me that is always a dangerous tackle.