Jacob Murphy

Guest palnese

53 minutes ago, Shak said:

Pleased for him, seems to have worked hard and can see him being a valuable member of the squad for a few years yet as someone to come on and shithouse away the end of games.

Did think Gordon looked vastly better mind, wouldn't be surprised to see him start one of the next two games in Murphy's place.

Yeah, Gordon has a lot to his game and he’s also going to be an elite level shithouse for us too. They can be the shithouse bros, this continent’s version of Basketball’s Splash Bros

Yeah he’s been highly frustrating and personally think he should have been moved on.

I remember watching him play for Norwich against us and I thought he could go to the top but since he’s signed for us he’s just seemed to lack the brain to make use of his physical gifts. 

Saying that credit where it’s due he’s put together 2 games where he’s been better than a 6. Hopefully he can keep it up till seasons end. 

2 hours ago, Rod said:

Why has it taken him nearly four years to play like an actual professional footballer.  That's what irritates me.

He wasn't playing for a professional football club.

1 hour ago, Ace said:

I remember watching him play for Norwich against us and I thought he could go to the top but since he’s signed for us he’s just seemed to lack the brain to make use of his physical gifts. 

I really think it's the opposite with him. By all accounts he's a bright guy and his problems seem to usually come from him overthinking situations. There really is such a thing as being too clever for your own good.

Looks like him and Eddie are in the process of cracking it though, which is great.

53 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

Honestly think having a conventional winger makes such a difference to how we play, hope Howe sticks with it.

Really pleased for the lad, it's his place to lose as far as I'm concerned. 

This is exactly why I'm so surprised ASM and Miggy dont swap wings occasionally when they play together. Even if it's just for 10 minutes, it's another level and different option to have a player getting to the line and pulling back a cross.

10 hours ago, gbandit said:

Yeah, Gordon has a lot to his game and he’s also going to be an elite level shithouse for us too. They can be the shithouse bros, this continent’s version of Basketball’s Splash Bros

This continent’s version of the Splash Brothers would  get 70 goals a season between them. 

Think he's always had some talent but he seemed way too nice & meek for so long. He'd often look scared to take risks and end up doing nothing.

It feels like he's really embraced a WUM character and it's almost given him the freedom to express himself.

2 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Noticed he drifted inside quite a bit yesterday. Think they probably expected him to play as an out and out winger.

That’s a good point actually. Both him and ASM were cutting inside a lot rather than going on the outside of the or defenders. 

Must have been tactical. 

Most progressive passes (8), most passes into the penalty area (4), most passes into the final 1/3 (4) on the pitch yesterday.

I dunno what it is about him but we seem to do really well when he's in the team? That incredible run in October when we won every game... he started most of those too.