Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Hickey would seem to be the ideal buy for us but Arsenal can offer so much more for him right now, maybe not financially but they'd be, rightly, in pole position for him. Right player, just 3 years too early.  

8 minutes ago, midds said:

Hickey would seem to be the ideal buy for us but Arsenal can offer so much more for him right now, maybe not financially but they'd be, rightly, in pole position for him. Right player, just 3 years too early.  

Suspect Tierney will have had a word and is likely an inspiration for him.

2 hours ago, ManDoon said:

He’s physically not really suited either. Won’t work out imo 

He's slight but I think he's pretty strong when he has the ball with the low centre of gravity. A player like him is only as good as the players around him though

33 minutes ago, Ikon said:

I can see him fading away, just like James Rodriguez, but not quite as fast and as bad. 

The guy is on a whole different level to what we're used to.

And if we really did negotiate the price down to less than 20m euros, then I am even more impressed.

54 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Great signing but doesn’t feel like the type to break them into the top half.

Him alone won't be enough.

For about 10 years now we've needed a DM. Gerrard's way of playing needs a good one. Nakamba is actually decent and against Liverpool, while he was on the pitch, we looked so much better. That's the key position for us to fill.

Then I am also of the opinion Mings carries too much clanger-factor and Konsa seems to have gone to pieces. Two CBs, a DM and a striker at the very least.

Just now, brummie said:

Him alone won't be enough.

For about 10 years now we've needed a DM. Gerrard's way of playing needs a good one. Nakamba is actually decent and against Liverpool, while he was on the pitch, we looked so much better. That's the key position for us to fill.

Then I am also of the opinion Mings carries too much clanger-factor and Konsa seems to have gone to pieces. Two CBs, a DM and a striker at the very least.

My mate is a villa fan he reckons Bissouma to you is a definite, you heard anything?

6 minutes ago, brummie said:

And if we really did negotiate the price down to less than 20m euros, then I am even more impressed.

i agree. What i said isn’t really based on much, more like my gut feeling. Maybe because his hunger might not last long, we’ll see. Good signing on paper. 

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

My mate is a villa fan he reckons Bissouma to you is a definite, you heard anything?

Only that we made an offer for him in January, nothing beyond that (but then again, I wouldn't hear tbh)

13 minutes ago, brummie said:

With wages as they are it's the total package price that hits. Any idea what he'll be on ?

1 minute ago, madras said:

With wages as they are it's the total package price that hits. Any idea what he'll be on ?

^^^ Percy is considered the oracle with Villa fans, absolutely always correct.

Great deal for you Brummie. I've enjoyed watching Buendia gradually find his feet with yous, be interesting to see if Gerrard can get him and Coutinho in the same team