Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Sky Sports reporting that West Ham have made an official bid for Gianluca Scamacca, understood to be around £30m. Don't know where that leaves them with the Broja deal.

1 minute ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Fair play Lingard taking a one year deal like. 

Yeah, instead of a longer deal on less money elsewhere. Am sure he’ll be rubbing his hands at the thought of yet another signing on fee in a years time. 

1 minute ago, TRon said:

Sky Sports reporting that West Ham have made an official bid for Gianluca Scamacca, understood to be around £30m. Don't know where that leaves them with the Broja deal.

He’s staying at Chelsea is he not

14 minutes ago, gdm said:

He’s staying at Chelsea is he not

Is he? I must have missed that, Sky were saying West Ham still retain an interest there as well, didn't mention anything about him staying at Chelsea.

17 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Yeah, instead of a longer deal on less money elsewhere. Am sure he’ll be rubbing his hands at the thought of yet another signing on fee in a years time. 

Has to produce the goods though. If he's shite then he may well not get another PL contract. 

10 minutes ago, TRon said:

Is he? I must have missed that, Sky were saying West Ham still retain an interest there as well, didn't mention anything about him staying at Chelsea.

I’m sure I saw that the other day. Maybe I’m wrong 

edit: not confirmed staying but apparently Tuchel wants him to

Edited by gdm

1 hour ago, Jackie Broon said:

That's not how it works. It makes no difference to the profit/loss, only losses of up to £115m over three years can be covered by an owner putting in money.

Chelsea's debt to Abramovic had been built up over a long period of time, some of which was before FFP. 

But it seems like the debt went up 400mill in 4 yrs  2018 until the sale ?

1 hour ago, gdm said:

Our defence can handle it. That’s the strongest part of our team now 

Yes... The risk will be if nerves and frustration creep in if we can't break them down in attack.

18 minutes ago, gdm said:

I’m sure I saw that the other day. Maybe I’m wrong 

edit: not confirmed staying but apparently Tuchel wants him to

I think he’ll go if/when Chelsea sign a Lukaku replacement. Whether his suitors can hold their nerve until then is a another question.

7 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

I think he’ll go if/when Chelsea sign a Lukaku replacement. Whether his suitors can hold their nerve until then is a another question.

He needs to leave as he'll never get a game.   The only reason Mount, James etc all got a chance was because they had a transfer ban.

5 hours ago, KaKa said:

Great ball in from him. That Scolari on the bench? He looks well.

Quick question on Newcastle ... what's your thoughts on Igor Gomes at Sao Paulo? We apparently had scouts in Brazil watching him and Danilo. Noticed Gomes contract is up in March of next year, so is probably available for a decent price. Do you rate him?

Yes, thats "Felipão" on the bench! We got only 2 losses since he came in, one in his debut 14 games unbeaten, another loss and 2 wins. I never thought I'd see him coaching my team, much less bringing this kind of performance 20 yeas after the "penta".

About Igor Gomes I have seen only 2 full games of Sao Paulo this year, he's a good CB but at those games didn't look like nothing special to me.

4 hours ago, Hanshithispantz said:

That goal at 3.43 is absolutely insane like :lol:

4 hours ago, The Bonk said:

The touch, control and to whack it in on the half volley was insane. :lol: 

Thats David Terans or King Terans as we call him, he's a Uruguay international and last year was the most decisive foreign player in the BR League.

I saw that goal yesterday in the most insane way possible, was having a interval quickie with the ms. and when she came off of my lap I looked at the tv and he was  making the 1st touch for that goal :banana:

4 hours ago, toon25 said:

How does the league system work in Brazil mate? Always been curious. Is it a little like the MLS with geographic divisions (east/west, etc) with the top teams playing each other at the end of each season?

1st division is 20 clubs with the last 4 being relegated and 4 coming from 2nd division. There's no conferences or anything like that, if you are lets say from Manaus (Amazonas) and you have a game in Porto Alegre (farthest capital south in Brazil) you're travelling(Most big clubs in Brazil are in SouthEast and South).

Also, that's the big difference between European and South American football besides the money, here the travels are INSANE, specially when you face teams in high altitudes, La Paz is like 7km above sea level, in Brazil alone you have cities where this time of the year the temperature is something like 5ºC and others like where I live with 30ºC on the same country.

Edited by JNK

6 minutes ago, JNK said:

Thats David Terans or King Terans as we call him, he's a Uruguay international and last year was the most decisive foreign player in the BR League.

I saw that goal yesterday in the most insane way possible, was having a interval quickie with the ms. and when she came off of my lap I looked at the tv and he was  making the 1st touch for that goal :banana:

:lol::lol::lol:

12 minutes ago, JNK said:

Yes, thats "Felipão" on the bench! We got only 2 losses since he came in, one in his debut 14 games unbeaten, another loss and 2 wins. I never thought I'd see him coaching my team, much less bringing this kind of performance 20 yeas after the "penta".

About Igor Gomes I have seen only 2 full games of Sao Paulo this year, he's a good CB but at those games didn't look like nothing special to me.

1st division is 20 clubs with the last 4 being relegated and 4 coming from 2nd division. There's no conferences or anything like that, if you are lets say from Manaus (Amazonas) and you have a game in Porto Alegre (farthest capital south in Brazil) you're travelling(Most big clubs in Brazil are in SouthEast and South).

Also, that's the big difference between European and South American football besides the money, here the travels are INSANE, specially when you face teams in high altitudes, La Paz is like 7km above sea level, in Brazil alone you have cities where this time of the year the temperature is something like 5ºC and others like where I live with 30ºC on the same country.

Thanks man, that's super interesting!

Would love to follow the league more seriously in future. Have a soft spot for Santos.