Other clubs' transfers

Greg

45 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

It's sad but there's surely nothing stopping other countries following our lead commercially? Not the Premier League's fault no one else has done the same.

Wasn't playing the PL, it's just a depressing state of affairs IMO

In terms of marketing and commercial revenue for the PL vs other European leagues there's one factor that I think is always massively overlooked - the English language. It's a huge intrinsic advantage in the age of global broadcasting and the internet when everything about the product is already in the global Lingua Franca. Italian and German clubs in particular constantly grapple with the need to (awkwardly) produce English language content while not alienating their home support. La Liga hasn't had the same issue to the same degree (for obvious reasons).

32 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

I can’t help but wonder how long the monitoring period is before they bid for players. 

There's absolutely no diligent research whatsoever that's gone into signing those players. I don't think I've seen a circumstance like it. Reeks of having no sort of development plan for the future and the club.

If Aulas' words can be trusted both Paqueta and Aouar will 100% leave this summer. 

Although I'm not the best judge of midfielders of this type, I follow Ligue 1 and imo, Aouar isn't that good and not really suited for the physicality of the PL. He's a lightweight water carrier type that's tidy on the ball but doesn't excel in anything in particular and often disappears in games. 

4 hours ago, STM said:

It's gone way past the point where Forest are just being ambitious in the transfer market.

The money they are spending is bonkers. If they don't stay up they are in big trouble. If they do stay up, they won't be spending any money next year.

They are absolutely going down the route of throwing money at players. 

They've spent about £90 million and are targeting players that are mostly from smaller clubs or players that weren't getting opportunities at their previous clubs. They haven't spent more than £20 million on a single player.

Lingard is the only big wage guy and he's on a one year deal. Forest definitely seem to know what they're doing. They're wage bill was miniscule as a decent number of players that got them up were on loan with them last year.

Hahahaha ?

I think it's really hard for players like him who have always been surrounded by quality to manage. His ego won't help and I can imagine he's very toxic when shits not going his way.

Edited by La Parka

5 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

I’d pay to see Jorge Mendes explaining to him on deadline day that nobody else wants him.

Should be going to Sporting. Would be a perfect place for him. 

There is not a hope in hell Gordon would start more than 30 games at Chelsea if he signed for them. 

Not getting the hype with Gordon and not getting why Chelsea keep buying AMs and not doing anything with them like they're money laundering the fuckers.