Other clubs' transfers

Greg

14 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Dennis to Forrest according to Romano. Another one goes by. Would've liked us to get him but just another player going to Forrest to play 1 season in the Prem again.

Another one goes by that we had nee interest in

Champion

Dennis had a cracking start to his PL career, but dropped off massively after the AFCON debacle. Can't say I'm too fussed about missing out on him. Same goes for Sarr and Cornet to be honest.

All three probably would have been decent stop gap signings for us, but I'm happy the club is going for higher calibre players in those positions, and even if we fail to land any attacking reinforcements, I've got a feeling that Willock and Almiron will have much better seasons this year. 

12 hours ago, Astroblack said:

Thought Fofana went to Leicester for 7-8 mil as a young prospect or something but he did cost 30 mil initially so it's not as mental as I first thought. Still ridiculous. Roman cleared the debt and they'll be back in it in a few years. Will be nice to see. 

They already are, they took out a bank loan of £500m  and set up a £300m credit facility last month.

11 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

:serious:

Depay is very talented but so so inconsistent. He's definitely surplus to requirements right now after bringing in Torres/PEA/Lewandowski and hopefully Fati staying healthy.

We managed to register all our signings except Koundé (who's still recovering form injury), reportedly we just need to clear equal salary to register him (€10m).

Edited by Village Idiot

What have we done that we weren't doing 10 years ago?

I mean, don't get me wrong, we're reprehensible, just not sure how it has worsened as of late. I mean, remember the Abidal cancer feelgood story? The Spanish courts have, for years now, trying to ascertain whether we helped him pay off a dude to buy his liver :lol:

I suppose Messi et al covered up a lot of shit.

Edited by Village Idiot

18 minutes ago, Village Idiot said:

I mean, don't get me wrong, we're reprehensible, just not sure how it has worsened as of late. I mean, remember the Abidal cancer feelgood story? The Spanish courts are investigating whether we helped him pay off a dude to buy his liver :lol:

Maybe it's just covered more over here now ?

25 minutes ago, Village Idiot said:

I mean, don't get me wrong, we're reprehensible, just not sure how it has worsened as of late. I mean, remember the Abidal cancer feelgood story? The Spanish courts have, for years now, trying to ascertain whether we helped him pay off a dude to buy his liver :lol:

Jesus, what?!

37 minutes ago, Village Idiot said:

Wanting (and still wanting) the ESL and whinging about the strength of the EPL probably lost your club a lot of   casual fans.

You are right about Messi though 🙂