Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Thought they would have gone for a right footer though instead of Ake with Laporte there

I usually see comments like this regarding left footers.

Most clubs play two right footed centre backs though, so does it really matter if you play two left footed ones?

I think it's quite important to have the balance when you're a passing team. I think you'll find that most top possession based teams will have one of each. Left footed players are generally more one footed than right footed players also

Thought they would have gone for a right footer though instead of Ake with Laporte there

Most clubs play two right footed centre backs though, so does it really matter if you play two left footed ones?

I think it's quite important to have the balance when you're a passing team. I think you'll find that most top possession based teams will have one of each. Left footed players are generally more one footed than right footed players also

Generally a lot of right footed players have played left side centre back or left side centre mid out of necessity previously n all. Lefties haven’t. Still a decent signing IMO.

Okay, interesting. I always wondered as it does get brought up a fair bit. Be interesting to see how they play it.

Thinking abut it I see what you mean with left footers being more one footed, probably because they are more rare, and so they are always played on the left hand side and so don't learn to play the other side.

they do need better depth at cb so someone who can play instead of Laporte at (in theory) a similar enough level with the amount of games City will be playing is hardly unreasonable. They do need another cb imo just so they can get rid of otamendi unless they have a lot of faith in Eric Garcia to start coming into the team

Willian to Arsenal apparently - three year 100K a week deal

That's not bad by modern standards

I read somewhere the deal to go to Arsenal was sealed by an enormous signing on fee. Curious to know what is considered as such these days.

I read somewhere the deal to go to Arsenal was sealed by an enormous signing on fee. Curious to know what is considered as such these days.

Mookie Betts got a $65 million signing bonus during a MLB season that was cut in a third. :lol:

Doubt it’s anywhere near that though.

Kia getting his pay from both sides of the deal.