Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Chelsea turning to Cornet with Raphinha holding out for Barca. Maybe an outside possibility he stays at Leeds.. or we could try later in the window. Barca can't structure a deal at the moment. It will probably get pushed through on deadline day.

7 hours ago, Dembacha said:

Lyon have just signed a Moroccan left back called Ashraf Laaziri.

is he related to that other moroccan LB achraf lazaar who bombed for us?

lee ryder is sure that he isnt.

7 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Would have been very hard to pick up more points than we did, tbf. 

True. I meant it more performance wise. Looking much better overall. Plus I think we would have won that game against Chelsea for example to name one. We deserved at least a draw in it anyway. The Everton away too. Shire second half though. No cutting edge cost us.

Strong talk that Busquets will leave for the MLS after this season. When he goes it will only be Piqué remaining (who's also strongly linked with a move out) who was in the team during the Guardiola glory days.

Well, there's Alves too but he hasn't been in the squad continuously.

25 minutes ago, Village Idiot said:

Strong talk that Busquets will leave for the MLS after this season. When he goes it will only be Piqué remaining (who's also strongly linked with a move out) who was in the team during the Guardiola glory days.

Well, there's Alves too but he hasn't been in the squad continuously.

Like many, aside from NUFC, that team gave me so much joy when watching, so God only knows how you felt.

It’ll be the end of a ridiculous run when Piqué and Busquets are gone.

is there any talk of any new otherworldly talents in La Masia at the moment?

10 minutes ago, Chicken Dancer said:

Like many, aside from NUFC, that team gave me so much joy when watching, so God only knows how you felt.

It’ll be the end of a ridiculous run when Piqué and Busquets are gone.

is there any talk of any new otherworldly talents in La Masia at the moment?

Well, Pedri (not a La Masia product) is simply amazing. And there's Fati, Gavi, Nico... And having Xavi as a manager gives a connection to that era - not dissimilarly to how Guardiola had Cruyff as his mentor. I think there's plenty to look forward to. We're broke, though!

Edited by Village Idiot

1 hour ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Very good fee that like. Think that's a great deal.

He looked all arms and legs in the euro final, but was he playing out of position? Listed as a midfielder on wiki. 

Seemed a handful and a hard worker though. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Really hard to tell what he’ll be like but £10m is a good fee.

I think he'll be canny shit, personally. 8 goals and 5 assists over 2565 minutes on the pitch in what was largely a very poor standard. He looks like the sort of player that PL defenders will find really easy to defend against - he hasn't got particularly quick feet and doesn't show a lot of flair.

I'm no Jacob Murphy fan, but even he's a better player than Aribo.

Edited by Dr.Spaceman

29 minutes ago, Village Idiot said:

Well, Pedri (not a La Masia product) is simply amazing. And there's Fati, Gavi, Nico... And having Xavi as a manager gives a connection to that era - not dissimilarly to how Guardiola had Cruyff as his mentor. I think there's plenty to look forward to. We're broke, though!

I mean, isn’t there some projected income between 2050 and 2060 that you can sell?

1 hour ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

I think he'll be canny shit, personally. 8 goals and 5 assists over 2565 minutes on the pitch in what was largely a very poor standard. He looks like the sort of player that PL defenders will find really easy to defend against - he hasn't got particularly quick feet and doesn't show a lot of flair.

I'm no Jacob Murphy fan, but even he's a better player than Aribo.

Nigeria's Joe Aribo, is an athletic central midfielder, and a pretty skilful one that drives forward well. He was just doing a job for Rangers further forward last season, due to injuries I presume.

The title of the video below is a bit hyberbolic, but thought it was a good one showing more of his general game.