Other clubs' transfers

Greg

3 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

Zaha is 27 and arguably became an elite player only last season. It's obvious Eze has potential that's yet been realized, age has nothing to do with that.

You really are an Edge Lord. Congrats. 

Zaha is almost 30 and has been one of the best players outside the top 6 for at least 5 years now. 

I like Eze. I think he can have a great season next year. But calling 24 year olds - prospects - is funny to me.

15 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Palace apparently in for Gibbs-White. Depending on the fee, i would be interested in that for us. I think he played advanced/10 last season but he has the physical profile to play 8.

He was really good at Sheffield United last season. Very exciting talent.

See this is what I mean about Vieira. I have no doubt he's going to get quality players in. Wouldn't be surprised if they even end up better than they were this past year.

47 minutes ago, KaKa said:

He was really good at Sheffield United last season. Very exciting talent.

See this is what I mean about Vieira. I have no doubt he's going to get quality players in. Wouldn't be surprised if they even end up better than they were this past year.

Palace have been making good moves in the last few years. Not sure if it is all about Viera. I think their owners are building a good setup like Leicester, Brighton, Liverpool, and Newcastle. 

20 minutes ago, rgk_lfc said:

Palace have been making good moves in the last few years. Not sure if it is all about Viera. I think their owners are building a good setup like Leicester, Brighton, Liverpool, and Newcastle. 

I think Vieira helps take them to another level. Prior to that it's all been a bit dull, although I agree the general structure they had in place was very solid.

Vieira came in last summer under tough circumstances and brought in Guehi, Andersen, Olise and Gallagher who added a lot more quality to the more workman like types they already had in place. He also changed the way they approached games really quickly.

50 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I think Vieira helps take them to another level. Prior to that it's all been a bit dull, although I agree the general structure they had in place was very solid.

Vieira came in last summer under tough circumstances and brought in Guehi, Andersen, Olise and Gallagher who added a lot more quality to the more workman like types they already had in place. He also changed the way they approached games really quickly.

Vieira deserves a lot of credit for their style of play and approach last season. They were impressive. But I think the signings are more due to the structure the owners have put in.

They had tried to move away from a traditional way of running things after Sam Allardyce but then De Boer ended up being a disaster. My understanding is that they appointed Hodgson as a manager but were changing the structure in the background focusing on talented youngsters in the championship and other clubs. 

Again not trying to put down Vieira's impact which was huge. But I highly doubt as the manager of NYCFC and Nice he was tracking players like Olise and Geuhi in the championship. 

42 minutes ago, rgk_lfc said:

Vieira deserves a lot of credit for their style of play and approach last season. They were impressive. But I think the signings are more due to the structure the owners have put in.

They had tried to move away from a traditional way of running things after Sam Allardyce but then De Boer ended up being a disaster. My understanding is that they appointed Hodgson as a manager but were changing the structure in the background focusing on talented youngsters in the championship and other clubs. 

Again not trying to put down Vieira's impact which was huge. But I highly doubt as the manager of NYCFC and Nice he was tracking players like Olise and Geuhi in the championship. 

Ah, right. That's interesting if so. I have heard a lot of good things about their current director of football that used to play for them Dougie Freedman, so I guess that might all tie in together.

It’s going to be an exciting season , lots of teams making some very good signings 

Harder to break into that top 6/7 

Think we need 2 very good / very strong 1st team players (dark purples)

in order to get into Europe /7th 

if not , I can see a 9th /10th finish 

(as is stands) .. still 50+ days for all teams to strengthen 

I predict 2 in + …

plus one last minute transfer / deadline day 

Zaha and Eze are completely different players. Eze’s a driving type midfielder and Zaha is a winger who’s a striker in todays game. Don’t think Eze will stick around like Zaha. One good injury season and he’ll be off. Think CMs like that are hard to come by so its best to get them when they’re available at the best price. 

7 hours ago, Astroblack said:

Zaha and Eze are completely different players. Eze’s a driving type midfielder and Zaha is a winger who’s a striker in todays game. Don’t think Eze will stick around like Zaha. One good injury season and he’ll be off. Think CMs like that are hard to come by so its best to get them when they’re available at the best price. 

Not sure which Eze you refer too. Eze is an attacking midfielder that has mostly played from the number 10 position and the left side. He has also sometimes played as an attacking central midfielder in a midfield three. He is an exceptional dribbler with great technique, who plays with his head up and has great vision. In the clip below for his first season at Palace, you'll see most of his work came from that left side. He could easily replace Zaha there.

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

Still a big fan of Dolberg. Brentford would be a fantastic move for him, and should help get him back on track. Fantastic forward with all the tools you want to be a complete modern striker. Wouldn't have minded us getting him this summer.

55 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Aberdeen midfielder Lewis Ferguson to Bologna and Hibs left back Josh Doig to Hellas Verona.

Interesting that Scottish players to Serie A is becoming a well trodden path.

Aye, obviously there's Hickey but Liam Henderson as well.