Other clubs' transfers

Greg

If they are going to continue with wing back system I don't know. Seems a waste for a newly promoted team to have such a talented front line and opting for a system where they cannot use all of them when fit.

2 hours ago, The Prophet said:

It's odd that no one has gone in for Tielemans yet. I wonder if he's indicated that he'll run down his contract.

Seems such an obvious signing for Man Utd at great value, but instead they've gone for Rabiot and that overbearing mother of his.

2 hours ago, STM said:

Someone is going to get a bargain in Tyrone Mings. Before you all start booting off, I'm not saying he's a great player but he is a good player and I'd bet my left bollock that Gerrard is trying to get him out of the door.

He will end up at Fulham or Brentford or somewhere and put in better performances than any of the other Villa defenders under Gerrard.

Yep, it's a game of opinions, and I know many don't rate him at all but I've watched Mings live quite a few times and he can be superb.

If we needed another body at CB (we don't) I'd be very very happy to add him to the mix along with Burn, Botman and Schar.

Solid midtable PL CB.

Better than Dan Burn imo.

He's done well to have a very good career. 17 England caps. Former Aston Villa captain. Bournemouth was meant to be his big break and that was a terrible period for him with those injuries, he's done superbly to bounce back stronger. Weaker characters would've fallen back down the football pyramid. If he had those extra 4 years in experience he might be worth all this noise.

Edited by The College Dropout

Gerrard is seemingly being a prick.

I don't know what's happened behind the scenes. But he could just say "Konsa has been better since he joined, they've brought in a new CB who he thinks is ahead of Mings at the moment. Mings is a top player, great competition. He's sure Mings will give it 110% to prove his worth and get back in the team." Or something. But now he's made it look like there's been some type of fall out. If there has - keep that behind closed doors.

3 hours ago, JonBez comesock said:

Are Leicester in a position to play chicken 

Every club should just let it ride out 

see if their arse drops on deadline day 

if they need to sell , they need to sell 

if not , let the players run down their contracts and let Leicester suffer needing the money 

What a beautiful poem. 

If other club's transfer links and signings are anything to go by, we definitely appear to be looking at the right players. 

Generally strongly linked with players who are also linked with PSG, Man City, and Borussia Dortmund.

Sky Sports News senior reporter Melissa Reddy:

"A lot of people who know Aubameyang would say they have nothing negative to say about how he conducts himself, just that he can be a little bit tardy, not that he's disruptive on purpose or tries to bend the rules.

Did she just call him a retard? :lol:

1 minute ago, Nine said:

Sky Sports News senior reporter Melissa Reddy:

"A lot of people who know Aubameyang would say they have nothing negative to say about how he conducts himself, just that he can be a little bit tardy, not that he's disruptive on purpose or tries to bend the rules.

Did she just call him a retard? :lol:

Nope, she means he can be late (which he often was at Arsenal)

Guest HTT II

I quite like Mings and think he’s decent enough, he can have his rash moments, but under someone like Howe I think he’d be great and has never left England down. 

1 hour ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Dier deserves a recall based on his form under Conte.

Fuck me, there were too many posts before he got mentioned :lol:.

Southgate likes him too. Only problem is that he really works best in a three at the back.

57 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I quite like Mings and think he’s decent enough, he can have his rash moments, but under someone like Howe I think he’d be great and has never left England down. 

He played under Howe at Bournemouth. Did his ACL on his PL debut then did his back in after he came back. Essentially missed 2 years of football with those injuries. Think he managed less than 20 games in total.

A lot of those young English signings didn't work out for Howe when he got into the PL.