Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It doesn't matter if we have £200 million in the bank, continuing to bid a lot lower than teams want for their players tells us all we need to know.

We're not serious about buying, until us as fans see proper bids and buys made we'll never believe anything this oaf says.

Another typical woolly statement from Ashley.

Agree with above... stating the players are not championship players is almost suggesting that they are and have been good enough - thus, no need to spend.

Then he uses the 'every penny the club generates' line again. As we know, its not necessarily the amount of money that's the issue - its the inbeciles that do the deals, not bidding enough, or dragging their feet, or not pursuing the managers first choices. That is what needs to change - bit nothing in the statement suggests that will be the case.

Anyway, lets see what happens next. Hopefully they will agree to give Rafa the authority he wants/needs to do the deals he wants, and we can push on next summer and build on a decent finish.

Exactly.

https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-news/mike-ashley-thanks-rafa-players-and-fans

Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley has thanked Rafa Benítez, the players and the club’s supporters following the club’s tenth-place finish in the Premier League.

The Magpies secured a place in the top half with a 3-0 victory over Chelsea at St. James’ Park on Sunday.

The owner said: "I would like to thank Rafa Benitez for his magnificent achievement this season.

"I would also like to applaud the players, led fantastically by the captain Jamaal Lascelles. 

"On many occasions throughout the season they have been described as a Championship side, which I personally consider to be derogatory.

"Rafa, as always, has my full support, and contrary to some media reports that portray me as a pantomime villain, I will continue to ensure that every penny generated by the club is available to him.

"I hope very much that Rafa will remain at Newcastle United.

"Finally, I would like to thank the fans for their unrivalled support of Rafa and the team throughout the season."

Horrific, generic statement. It just sounds like he's planning to run the club in exactly the same manner as always. Absolute mug.

https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-news/mike-ashley-thanks-rafa-players-and-fans

Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley has thanked Rafa Benítez, the players and the club’s supporters following the club’s tenth-place finish in the Premier League.

The Magpies secured a place in the top half with a 3-0 victory over Chelsea at St. James’ Park on Sunday.

The owner said: "I would like to thank Rafa Benitez for his magnificent achievement this season.

"I would also like to applaud the players, led fantastically by the captain Jamaal Lascelles. 

"On many occasions throughout the season they have been described as a Championship side, which I personally consider to be derogatory.

"Rafa, as always, has my full support, and contrary to some media reports that portray me as a pantomime villain, I will continue to ensure that every penny generated by the club is available to him.

"I hope very much that Rafa will remain at Newcastle United.

"Finally, I would like to thank the fans for their unrivalled support of Rafa and the team throughout the season."

Horrific, generic statement. It just sounds like he's planning to run the club in exactly the same manner as always. Absolute mug.

I would say that the 'every penny' thing is now the sticking point because they can agree to that and say it's what they're going to do but if they continue to do around and not complete deals with urgency then they're not technically breaking agreements but in reality will be.

That statement is terrible, as usual.

The squad's already fine, not to worry about investment. *ignores ambition and pushing on*

I want Rafa to stay so if he leaves it's his fault, not mine. *never mind what they may actually offer him*

Rafa can have every penny generated by the club. *but only when I say so*

Fucking CUNT.

The 'every penny generated' quote is so deliberately ambiguous. In my opinion, it seems clear that Ashley is going to back as little as he possibly can.

Should be some interesting quotes from Rafa over the coming days and weeks.

I wonder if he has ever even considered that the reason he can't sell the club easily is that no-one wants to do business with him because he is a twat who will try and shaft you and not operate in good faith. Probably not.

I wonder if he has ever even considered that the reason he can't sell the club easily is that no-one wants to do business with him because he is a twat who will try and shaft you and not operate in good faith. Probably not.

Being like that is what gets him erect so he isn't going to change.

That load of bollocks just tells me one thing, he knows Rafa isn't going to sign a new contract, and so before that news all comes out, he's coming out with his usual shite, thinking he's fooled everyone.

Guest firetotheworks

Tbf, he could have ticked every box in terms of putting out a pandering statement to the fans about either selling the club or keeping Rafa and investing and it would be just as bad as the statement he's put out because he's a relentless, shameless liar.

Wow just seen the statement.

It basically amounts to "I'm going to continue to be the same cunt as always"

And how many are going to swallow it and carry on giving him cash?

Fuck him, I'm out!

Wow just seen the statement.

It basically amounts to "I'm going to continue to be the same cunt as always"

And how many are going to swallow it and carry on giving him cash?

Fuck him, I'm out!

If Rafa leaves Im out too.

That statement is terrible, as usual.

The squad's already fine, not to worry about investment. *ignores ambition and pushing on*

I want Rafa to stay so if he leaves it's his fault, not mine. *never mind what they may actually offer him*

Rafa can have every penny generated by the club. *but only when I say so*

Fucking CUNT.

Aye we all speak fluent Ashley regime at this point.