Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rafa, as always, has my full support, and contrary to some media reports that portray me as a pantomime villain, I will continue to ensure that every penny generated by the club is available to him.

giphy.gif

https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-news/mike-ashley-thanks-rafa-players-and-fans

Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley has thanked Rafa Benítez, the players and the club’s supporters following the club’s tenth-place finish in the Premier League.

The Magpies secured a place in the top half with a 3-0 victory over Chelsea at St. James’ Park on Sunday.

The owner said: "I would like to thank Rafa Benitez for his magnificent achievement this season.

"I would also like to applaud the players, led fantastically by the captain Jamaal Lascelles. 

"On many occasions throughout the season they have been described as a Championship side, which I personally consider to be derogatory.

"Rafa, as always, has my full support, and contrary to some media reports that portray me as a pantomime villain, I will continue to ensure that every penny generated by the club is available to him.

"I hope very much that Rafa will remain at Newcastle United.

"Finally, I would like to thank the fans for their unrivalled support of Rafa and the team throughout the season."

Would have been better to just say nothing. Actions speak louder than words, and his actions have always contradicted what he’s said.

He is right, he is the pantomime villain, but there is only one way to change that perception whether it is right or wrong. Start backing your manager, start putting into the club the same effort your main employee has. Maybe then the media and fans will begin to change their opinion of you.

Rafa, as always, has my full support, and contrary to some media reports that portray me as a pantomime villain, I will continue to ensure that every penny generated by the club is available to him.

giphy.gif

Exactly.

https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-news/mike-ashley-thanks-rafa-players-and-fans

Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley has thanked Rafa Benítez, the players and the club’s supporters following the club’s tenth-place finish in the Premier League.

The Magpies secured a place in the top half with a 3-0 victory over Chelsea at St. James’ Park on Sunday.

The owner said: "I would like to thank Rafa Benitez for his magnificent achievement this season.

"I would also like to applaud the players, led fantastically by the captain Jamaal Lascelles. 

"On many occasions throughout the season they have been described as a Championship side, which I personally consider to be derogatory.

"Rafa, as always, has my full support, and contrary to some media reports that portray me as a pantomime villain, I will continue to ensure that every penny generated by the club is available to him.

"Finally, I would like to thank the fans for their unrivalled support of Rafa and the team throughout the season."

:lol:

:lol:

Ya, playing the victim card & trolling the supporter base, again.

Another typical woolly statement from Ashley.

Agree with above... stating the players are not championship players is almost suggesting that they are and have been good enough - thus, no need to spend.

Then he uses the 'every penny the club generates' line again. As we know, its not necessarily the amount of money that's the issue - its the inbeciles that do the deals, not bidding enough, or dragging their feet, or not pursuing the managers first choices. That is what needs to change - bit nothing in the statement suggests that will be the case.

Anyway, lets see what happens next. Hopefully they will agree to give Rafa the authority he wants/needs to do the deals he wants, and we can push on next summer and build on a decent finish.

eh??

its like he has no access to rafa.

why make a public statement hoping rafa will stay.... why dont u just fucking speak to him in person and get it sorted!!!!

worrying.

A proportion of the £94m if goes to the club will go not just on signing on fees but on the wages, so it won't be £80m. It is also clear that Rafa wants to upgrade the facilities (he talks about this in the post match presser where he says it's important so you can attract players). If infrastructure spending is necessary to keep him does that come out of the same kitty? It would make sense even now for ashley to make this investment as he can claim it right back as value on the club when he sells it. However I have said before and said it again, Ashley does not act rationally and nor in the club's interest at all. Ashley is clearly saying everything the club generates is for Rafa. I doubt this will be enough. We don't generate enough because player values are spiraling out of control due to clubs with trillionaire owners and a decade of global marketing allowing bigger revenue streams to balance the books. This is not Ashley's fault to some extent. We also don't genreate enough because our facilities are shit so we've had to rely on fluking on some transfer fees like Sissokos. Unfortuantely even that kind of money does not go far these days.

For an outlay of extra cash into the squad he could eventually receive far more in selling the club if we're established in the top half of the table, especially top 4.

Next season we have to kick on, but to where? How much extra do we need to spend to improve on 10th?

We need to spend to even stay in 10th, but how far can Rafa push this team on the limited budget we have?

Ashley will be asking is it worth spending an 80 million to climb 2 or 3 places. Which I suppose is a valid question.

If Rafa was given proper money, say 100m+, is it even remotely possible that he could crack the top 4? being in the CL sort of pays for itself once you’re in it, it’s a massive gamble though.

Spending big to get 6th or 7th wouldn’t make good business sense to Mike Ashley.

Good decision to stay away today. Get out of our club chants would have been highly embarrassing.

No they wouldn't. We all want him gone regardless of the miracles Rafa is working.

I meant for Ashley :lol: